Rome Legionary

Alexandermb

On 20/2/2018 at 8:19 PM, stanislas69 said:

If you find great materials like this feel free to make a thread in the art forum so everyone can benefit from them :)

speaking of materials, theres also something i used before for make basic normal maps, it won't give perfect results but at least ir works for a basic texture for rendering.
on gimp theres a script i added long time ago for make normal maps i'm not sure if this was posted here before but it worth using sometimes.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.94a3d46942afda7819af88be765a04be.pngimage.thumb.png.ca4e3329c258de48bf9f4245e274c2ac.png

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I imagine the alpha channelled feather texture will just anti-alias into a smudge in game at a playable zoom. 

I'm not saying it doesn't look cool tho.

i'll try to keep the alpha visible from a playable zoom haven't tested yet ingame while i'll try to get the properly helmet colour
also there could be an iron variant of texture ?

There is other formation but is  mixed...

Here is mostly of mechanic of combat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_infantry_tactics

At the command orbem formate, the legionaries assumed a circle-like formation with the archers placed in the midst of and behind the legionaries providing missile fire support. This tactic was used mainly when a small number of legionaries had to hold a position and were surrounded by enemies.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen