Rome Legionary

Alexandermb

Then we have this, and the sheath for the gladius with the prop point in the sheath for carry resources animations. I know the actual gameplay for the citizen soldier's are don't have any military props while working but for me it breaks inmersiĆ³n the skyrim like weapons poping up from no where at least in a sheath we know he stored the sword in the sheath and then retrieve it.

image.png.f8b583410a0f0909b4dd7fa015adaf9c.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think he could be a little more hunched, his knees a little more bent, looking a little more "ready" for action, if that's what you're trying to convey. :)

Actually for the romans legion i want to show less ready for action, and more discipline look, there is no much difference between the centurio and the legion animation i've made the problem with the ready animation is that every faction use it, while the roman and other units should have unique animations based on their formations/armour/shields/weapons/faction;Ā i couldn't imagine gauls or britons making something like a Testudo or the way the roman soldiers gathered around Maximo/CommodusĀ in the video i linked.

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yes i know, i'm covering all roman tactics animations for don't have to make any separated topic

23 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Questions:
Weapon should be unsheathed while testudo ?
Unit could attack while testudo ?

I'm not sure about unsheathing weapons with the Testudo, but I don't think you can really attack with a formation that's specifically designed against missile fire. Their vulnerability against Shock Cavalry against the Parthians might be an evidence for that, and can't use the anti-Cav formation that Lion showed.

Love the maturing development of the animations, BTW.

• Like 2

After read the links lion linked i saw one called oval formation, thats the one that could be made for attack and the anti cavalry, the testudo only have sense to protect and most likely work if its designed in the game to add more armor while in formation and reduce a lot the walk speed, and also says that while in the formation was very difficult to combat in testudo because of the litttle space.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortuga_(formaciĆ³n)
Su principal problema residĆ­a en el hecho de que era una formaciĆ³n muy apretada y lenta, lo que hacĆ­a que los soldados tuvieran una gran dificultad en los combates cuerpo a cuerpo.
Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

After read the links lion linked i saw one called oval formation, thats the one that could be made for attack and the anti cavalry, the testudo only have sense to protect and most likely work if its designed in the game to add more armor while in formation and reduce a lot the walk speed, and also says that while in the formation was very difficult to combat in testudo because of the litttle space.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortuga_(formaciĆ³n)
Su principal problema residĆ­a en el hecho de que era una formaciĆ³n muy apretada y lenta, lo que hacĆ­a que los soldados tuvieran una gran dificultad en los combates cuerpo a cuerpo.
Ā 

Si, por eso esta escena es absurda.

Yes, that's why this scene is absurd.

Ā 

On 22/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, av93 said:

BTW, ready stance is implemented?

I mean, how it will work programming wise? Every unit should check if a enemy is in range? How it will afect performance? It could be tied to the individual AI, that chasing a unit triggers the stance?