mavin (1246) quits 1v1 when losing - Makes false accusation of hacking

cisgood

35 minutes ago, elexis said:

It's allowed to press Alt+F4 and allowed to pull the network wire.

Detecting if the user doest that requires rewriting of half the networking code and renting at least one server that simulates every online game.

Not really, we could just offer "rated servers" which will be dedicated servers without simulation that are saving a replay of the game. With that we can detected when people lose connection and let the remainder win. If nobody leaves and both send the same report we accept that as valid. Only if the two reports differ, we need a way to check the replay (Manually or automatically... Depending on how often that occurs)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, elexis said:

It's allowed to press Alt+F4 and allowed to pull the network wire.

Detecting if the user doest that requires rewriting of half the networking code and renting at least one server that simulates every online game.

Thanks for answering. I told @user1. It is very annoying but I understand that a solution would be difficult to achieve. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Imarok said:

Not really, we could just offer "rated servers" which will be dedicated servers without simulation that are saving a replay of the game. With that we can detected when people lose connection and let the remainder win. If nobody leaves and both send the same report we accept that as valid. Only if the two reports differ, we need a way to check the replay (Manually or automatically... Depending on how often that occurs)

Running the replay nonvisually upon user initiated reports would work. Would also require a tool to change the ratings manually without having to restart the ratings server. Still annoying as there is about a report every day. It could just work without user interaction. Might want to estimate how much renting a/the server/s would cost (the processing power).

(Pulling the ethernet wire is considered rating fakery. I just mean it's technically impossible from our side to prevent people from doing so.)

5 hours ago, elexis said:

Running the replay nonvisually upon user initiated reports would work. Would also require a tool to change the ratings manually without having to restart the ratings server. Still annoying as there is about a report every day. It could just work without user interaction. Might want to estimate how much renting a/the server/s would cost (the processing power).

(Pulling the ethernet wire is considered rating fakery. I just mean it's technically impossible from our side to prevent people from doing so.)

I think detecting only leaving by just hosting on wfg servers will improve the situation much and won't cost us that much server power.

• Like 1