Some Questions About Actor Switching

Dream Wanderer

Hey there, I had two scripting-related questions concerning a speculative change for a game mod and I was wondering if anyone might know a good way to implement them.

Firstly, I was wondering if I could create a method to switch actors within the game and allow units to be replaced by others at their current locations. I had some ideas for allowing certain units to mount and dismount or transform into different creatures and I wanted their different modes to have unique stats and attributes.

Secondly, a likely more difficult question I had was about creating user interface buttons these actor switching commands could be tied to. If possible I would want to allow players to perform the unit change quickly and easily, so something like the icons used for building creation could be a potential appearance for these "action buttons" I'd like to add.

Awesome, if this is doable in a manner similar to Battle For Middle Earth II this will also allow us to switch between multiple weapons and stuff too. I appreciate the tip.

Do you know if this function could work with Heroes? And just so i could confirm it: Could you add the previous form as an upgrade to the new unit to allow it to switch back?

Edited by Dream Wanderer