===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update

Alexandermb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/3/2018 at 7:18 AM, Imarok said:

Thank you for the new animations. I really like them. But for the galopp animation: It looks like the rider and the back of the horse doesn't move. Could we maybe fix that?

i'll will take it into account now that i have started reanimating the horse and riders, first i will be doing the horse animations plus more natural wildlife idles with a expanded version of the horse then i'll go again for the riders with the new blankets/armors. After some time looking the animations i noticed a lot of weird distortions and the wrong placement of bones are one of the causes so i decided to add more bones and make a cleaner horse symmetrical to the X axis (wich this doesn't have), since i already got the animations base shapes is easier and faster to make them again, i already have the base for gallop and walking in the new one and they are far more cleaner than before in the expanded armature. 

Btw I've learned how to make collisions for death animations work similar to enrique's last video so i will try using collisions and physics blender engine to make a more natural like death animations and hair.

image.png.3abe5180e8e1c8ed837383bd7f6c8ee8.pngimage.png.0348c3e8db51ebb7a45d186b9dcbc3a4.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

Can you make a tutorial at some point ?

Maybe it'd be nice to sync some with other human anims.

Actually i followed one, the thing is how to look for them in youtube if you look for physics or collision you get basic meshes destroying bricks, but just recently founded one called Ragdoll and i remember Ragdoll is a word in skyrim used too for the collisions of the dead body. 

this is the best far i founded for work in sync with 0 AD because the animations can be recorded into the skeleton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Actually i followed one, the thing is how to look for them in youtube if you look for physics or collision you get basic meshes destroying bricks, but just recently founded one called Ragdoll and i remember Ragdoll is a word in skyrim used too for the collisions of the dead body. 

this is the best far i founded for work in sync with 0 AD because the animations can be recorded into the skeleton.

Btw, theres a lot of things that needs to be learned before reach here, it gets complicated but once its learned is just a tedious copy and paste tedious work.

• 3 weeks later...

its possible to have a list of wich unit will use trot animation ? @wowgetoffyourcellphone 

Most of the horse animations are already done and the tail move smooth i want to change the carry meat animation for all using trot.

image.png.b8c73074f28cdb91851bc826ff0b5b94.png

Horse idle is more natural, rider is more centered, added the root bone and decal prop points for delete the double saddles in the actor files.

Some idles are changed like the Javelin idle from ready stance to a relaxed one for handle the rein right hand javelin will be deleted, attacking animation is reworked for grab the javeling at the start of the attack since at the start of attack the actual animations for Archers and Javelins the arrows and javelins won't show in the first shot because they are hidden by the variant in the start.

image.png.fba5cfe7f08196ed30578c46db9300db.png

for the spearman/swordsman cavalry i'm following some references plus the ones already done for more relax/ready stances:

Spoiler

956dbd9286fa00061442aba639dcbf9d.jpg.cf9e95bd25da33bfe90667a1a86bb077.jpgpersian_achamaenid.jpg.266d3cc376c5705508ed909ae652e767.jpgb48192f5cded58f5aca58b96d09a11e1.png.4666e534661ac646dceef20f52a3d874.png12-warrior-armor-ensembles-history_13.jpg.7545be2e7ae600be546d7a1b7c2b1165.jpg

image.png.2198e3c78d2ff5eb3a251a0da9d1c948.pngimage.png.c5779c580638a8a58c42e04ff3b8076d.pngimage.png.52ea1b5d24032a99ddcd1a31e9fdb820.png

• Like 1

I would just give the trot to every cavalry, honestly. I have been using your trot mod for every cavalry in DE [locally] and it looks great. 

As far as cavalry spearman animations go, I would generally use an upright position for the spear whenever possible so that the spear is easily identifiable. 

• Like 1

by any chance is possible to define in the "combat_approaching" function of the UnitAI component another walk type for cavalry class only (for testing) another animation name call it "walk_fast" so i can make all cavalry use the trot animation as basic animation and change into slow_gallop in combat? i would like to see how it ends since its looks very weird looking the horses troting into a battle. and what i sould do to make it work?

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

So, 2 walk type animations can't live toghether or i will have to make another pair of armors and blankets for every different walk type and that means more files more complexity i just better go for the all trot as walk animation.

Some ready/relax stances become unused for the rein usability, so its very possible it will end with less variants.

couldn't bring back the 2nd death animation so i just leaved 1 just like the camel.

heres the mod for a peek: Horse_update.7z still have to do some cleaning of the unused files and bring the crossbow variant for ROTE with trot animation fix the capes but is almost done.