===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update

Alexandermb

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Right now, since you use the same horse actor for all 3 prop horses, the game chooses the same color variation for all 3.

?

You must have been either phenomenally unlucky or haven't playtested thoroughly enough to see, but right now they use the 3 Persian stable horses (a,b,c). Unless something's changed without my knowing

• Like 1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, LordGood said:

Whaddaya not trust me? Just look in the stables thread

I guess I am very very unlucky indeed! ;)

screenshot1481.thumb.jpg.d85979eb0525b61586e29e109a0d5df0.jpg

Remember, that the horse actors have been updated recently. :) All three of the Persian stable horse actors are exactly the same, even the variant names in the actors are identical. This causes the game to choose the same variant name for all 3 horses, since they are props to the main actor. This is generally a good thing for actors to do, but in instanced like this where you want each prop to have its own variation you have to have tricks like renaming the variants in each of the horse actors to be unique across all three actors. I simple added 1, 1,1, etc. and 2,2,2, and 3,3,3 etc. to do this. Here is an amended patch for the stable horses, since I forgot they existed [I thought you were using the fauna_horse actor, but I was wrong; likely these persian stable horse actors were created previously in order to fix this very issue, albeit with older assets]. :)

screenshot1482.thumb.jpg.86e3655f13b194d5099574507ec452a0.jpg

persians_stable_horses.zip

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 1:22 AM, Alexandermb said:

To be sure, the latest file i uploaded of the walk variant works or theres anything i need to fix? IIRC @wowgetoffyourcellphone said it was calling horse01 animations when its now called horse, i did the fixes in my file but didn't uploaded.

Horse_Trot_walk_animations.7z

Suggestion for the variants. 

The trot variant could be base_horse_slow, while the current variant that looks like a slow run could be base_horse_fast. Figured faster ranged/scout/raiding cavalry could use  base_horse_fast, while heavier cav units such as champion and hero cav could use base_horse_slow.

2 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Should i use this ? @stanislas69 this means i could delete the files i made for the front armor/saddle and make this use the variants for better looking

By all means if you can reuse what enrique did, do it. It's always high quality and would be a shame not to use it.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Can you try the new trots animation in DE and tell me if it looks good to you ?
@Alexandermb Didn't check the file but did you make trots anims for ponies as well ?

I'm starting exam period and stuff, and so my time will be limited.

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Can you try the new trots animation in DE and tell me if it looks good to you ?

@Alexandermb's trot animations look great in DE. A little slow [actor animation speed], but the motion is awesome. I'd use it for heroes and heavier/slower/melee cavalry. The existing run in public right now I'd use for my Scout Cavalry and Ranged Cavalry.

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

But I need to know which documents :P
Plus there are actors in atlas that do not have templates and mustn't be forgotten :)

Spartans/athenians/Hellenes were sharing some actors but i didn't wanted to break anything so i leave it as it is i guess you already deleted some hellenes actors.

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Cavalry documents.

i can change the variants while i update the mod folder with base_horse_fast and base_horse_slow, so i guess it should be like this if i'm not wrong?:

Heavy Spear + Shield/Sword + Shield/Hero> base_horse_slow

Bow/Javelin/Sword/Spear Free off-hand > base_horse_fast

I'm looking through the quadruped variants and I'm confused. What is the difference between:

horse_canter_relax.dae [I'm not sure this works]

and 

horse_canter.dae

Also, why are the rider animations called "trot" while the horse animations are called "canter"?

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

58 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I'm looking through the quadruped variants and I'm confused. What is the difference between:

horse_canter_relax.dae [I'm not sure this works]

and 

horse_canter.dae

Also, why are the rider animations called "trot" while the horse animations are called "canter"?

didn't know how to call the rider's animations hahahah so i just followed the same used for infantry.

in my files i only have this ones:

image.png.3d54df1980609f1409f2417770d619c6.png

horse_canter_relax.dae shows up in base_horse. I changed it to horse_canter.dae and it worked. :)

horse_walk: Is that the current one that looks like running/galloping? If so, it should be renamed I think, maybe to something like horse_gallop_relax. Because basically what it looks like is a more relaxed gallop. It's good to keep it, so it can be used for the faster cavalry, while canter can be used for the heavier cavalry.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone