===[COMMITTED]=== Siege Weapons Infantry Animations

Alexandermb

14 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

and is something offtopic this but i don't wanna make a topic apart for just a little thing:
The romans have the legionary which has a lorica segmentata, this one has shoulderpads so they could be added via props like the persian props using the armature prop points: prop-shoulderpad_R/shoulderpad_L and same with some other units which have unique props like the celt torus

image.png.a94a796bc5e65044cc2de9c285d41379.png

How does it look in-game?

14 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb I committed your animations today after fixing a few stuff here and there in the actors. Can you consider making anims for the siege_fireraiser, and the onager ?

Hey, here's a tweak for the Onager texture. Some brightness, plus some saturation, plus a small amount of player color.

rome_siege_onager.png

11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I see why now. The actual catapult is a prop.

Because when you make a single catapult you can consider adding 1 or 2 users for the catapults, but maybe in a future you think its better to have 3, or its better to move the user a bit further from the catapult, or rotate the user, this way you only have a pivot for place them more accurate and you make the animations based on the pivot wich is easier and safe, maybe in a future modifying the dae file of the catapult could bring some bugs like when you import a skeleton to blender and change some bone they return to the original position and deform everything.

• Like 1

@stanislas69 is okay to update the wheels with the packed version of all siege weapons? i can do a separate version of fireraiser making the wheels one mesh animated, and the weapon mounted another mesh animated same with the fire prop in front, i can add a prop bone for the bowl so it can be updated in a bronze/iron bowl

image.png.d283c4699f6c531b9cfc46af67be0d75.png

The actual fireraiser i think it need a texture update (model too) so i was asking if its okay to update the wheels or the chariot holding the weapon per se and use the weapon as a mesh rigged separated from the chariot

image.png.85820def5bb8be8bbd4d3ca4af248864.png

Screenshot for comparison

Spoiler

image.png.a8c115b845da242e964336d2fd762744.png

Edit: have to fix the sizes, i had some problems importing to blender

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

@Alexandermb Sure. If you want to improve stuff you are always welcome.
Try to find a better texture in the assets  if you can. Also, if possible, try to add some player color, maybe a shield or something I think @wowgetoffyourcellphone will appreciate it :PThe bucket uv looks wrong though, try to avoid visible seams.

Maybe doing the onager unit anims first would be better ?

Just now, Alexandermb said:

Yes the onager first will be better, the bucket was a test i was just diggin in the texture folders wich one looks like a bronze bowl.

If you have terra magna, look at the golden cauldron I made for the temple I think it could be used. Else a desaturated version of this with less bumps might work too.

helmet_bronze_base.png.cae853d3218a7a2bbfd27bc48abd7ac8.png

bronze (2).png