===[COMMITTED]=== Siege Weapons Infantry Animations

Alexandermb

If I recall correctly, downloading as zip from github only download the files, but doesn't create a local repository folder. So it can't be updated then unless I'm wrong. Installing tortoise svn and downloading the source that way (see build instructions) is indeed the recommended way (no need to compile on windows either).

• Like 1

With git, Clone creates an SVN-like situation, where you can [svn]commit/update with the the Git sync command. I use Desktop Github which provides a very nice UI for the whole thing.

Download is indeed just downloading a standalone zip file of the current iteration of the repository and creates no opportunity for syncing. 

I like Git better because of the nice desktop UI. Though there may be advantages to SVN that I'm not aware of. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Though there may be advantages to SVN that I'm not aware of. 

Not that many Linus Thorvald invented Git for the Linux kernel crew when the commercial versioning system they were using wanted to start charging them but he just did the cmd line version there are several GUI's for Git on the Linux side while Desktop Github is the best for Windows.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Some appreciate a modicum of interfacery. I'm not a command-line junky myself. :) 

not all can be programmers or all can design a good GUI, or all can speech in public or create music. 

The interface is for different kind of people, I'm artist so my kind intelligence is visual spatial I don't like memorize commands.

Spoiler

678cab8d-ac8a-4277-8639-0263ca5279e3.png

Sorry by off topic.

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

Also, did you use the beotian helmet I made ? Cause it's complaining about it missing.

It is certainly used by the gastraphetes (which I hope will also be included, under Macedonian, not Athenian). Besides, “beotian” ought to be renamed to “Boeotian”.

PS Thanks for including the Mauryan battering ram!

33 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Besides, “beotian” ought to be renamed to “Boeotian”.

3 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

I'd like to avoid having caps and stuff in filenames, but I'll do it in the XML file.

To clarify, I wasn't talking about capitalization, but about the e; I mean the first “e” should actually be “oe“ (or “oi” if you prefer Ancient Greek orthography); we no longer write Edipus either, but Oedipus (or Oidipous); likewise Boeotia (or Boiotia), but not Beotia.

and is something offtopic this but i don't wanna make a topic apart for just a little thing:
The romans have the legionary which has a lorica segmentata, this one has shoulderpads so they could be added via props like the persian props using the armature prop points: prop-shoulderpad_R/shoulderpad_L and same with some other units which have unique props like the celt torus

image.png.a94a796bc5e65044cc2de9c285d41379.png

• Like 2