===[COMMITED]=== Iber Workshop

Stan`

20 minutes ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

I like the aesthetics and such, but what is the idea from a gameplay standpoint, or is it just an editor building?

To be honest I don't know, Gameplay is about the only thing I haven't touched since I started working here. I just know the current objective is to provide shooting ranges, stables, and workshops for every civilisations.

Sweet Jesus...

I think from a gameplay point of view, unit recruitment gets assigned to specific and much more logical structures that become pre-requisites for training those units. This forces the player to make more thought-through decisions about how they're going to spend resources, and build-times, and for which units at what time. It also allows enemies to target specific unit production infrastructure, crippling specific area's of the enemies military ability. They also help delay unnatural rushing in the opening 5min of a game. New strategies and tactics open up, leading the way to more logical and diverse ways of playing the game. + there's so much eye-candy in the form of new buildings I can barely contain my excitement :P 

• Like 3

yeah having to drop 1000 stone as a down payment on your siege weapons is probably the reason fortifications needed to be so heavily nerfed. I like the attack or defense choice. Not that I made siege workshops very expensive. Now perhaps the sprawling classical fortress can return to its former glory

lol siege weapons themselves are going to need a huge nerf after this

anyhow, nice work!

Think you could make the thatch a bit thicker, especially at the eaves? Right now it doesn't leave much to the imagination in regards to supporting structure underneath. It'll help the little wooden shed in front poking out on top too.

I usually try to make the stick and stones sit over the support structure's major beams, so the rocks are sitting on the thatch lattice's support beams rather than sitting on the thatch itself. It doesn't really matter too much in the grand scope of things, but it'll help quell that 'why' factor as to why they're there if they shadow imaginary supports.

or real supports, feel free to stick little support beams everywhere, idc have fun lol

I'll play with it myself if you think I'm rambling like a nut, or don't feel like working on it anymore

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Seleucid ram for Elephant civs.

Is that what you want me to work on next ?

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

stan the man

Haha.

8 hours ago, LordGood said:

anyhow, nice work!

Thanks !

8 hours ago, LordGood said:

Think you could make the thatch a bit thicker, especially at the eaves? Right now it doesn't leave much to the imagination in regards to supporting structure underneath. It'll help the little wooden shed in front poking out on top too.

I usually try to make the stick and stones sit over the support structure's major beams, so the rocks are sitting on the thatch lattice's support beams rather than sitting on the thatch itself. It doesn't really matter too much in the grand scope of things, but it'll help quell that 'why' factor as to why they're there if they shadow imaginary supports.

or real supports, feel free to stick little support beams everywhere, idc have fun lol

I'll play with it myself if you think I'm rambling like a nut, or don't feel like working on it anymore

Thicker Thatch, moved the stones a bit, added support beams, rebaked AO.

Take it away :) @LordGood

xiber_workshop_struct1.thumb.png.3e7fde9738ed679bdf532781eb01915c.png

iber_siege_workshop-2.7z

• Like 2

For a """realism""" point of view, why they would make an elevated ground in the main building? :P

Yeah I know, It gives a garage feel, and help to differentiate between other buildings, but there's some other reason @LordGood?

BTW, Iberians didn't have a lot of dedicated buildings, neither acknowledged rams in the recorded history (so my point wasn't start a long serious discussion about that)