【Fixed】SVN20325 compile error.

gameboy

Today, I tested SVN20325, and I was compiling errors.

External symbol error 65 error LNK2019: public: class std: could not parse: basic_string<char, struct: std: char_traits<char>, class std:: allocator<char> glooxwrapper:: Client: > __thiscall: getID (void) "(? GetID@Client@glooxwrapper@@QAE? AV? $basic_string@DU? $char_traits@D@std@@V? $allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ), the symbol" public: virtual void __thiscall function in XmppClient: (class: SendIqChangeStateGame std: struct: basic_string<char, std:: char_traits<char>, class: std: allocator<char> & class std: > const, struct: basic_string<char, std:: char_traits<char>, class: std: const & allocator<char> >) "(? SendIqChangeStateGame@XmppClient@@UAEXABV? $basic_string@DU? $char_traits@D@std@@V? $allocator@D@2@@std@@0 @Z  D:\trunk\build\workspaces\vc2013\lobby.lib (XmppCl) cited Ient.obj) test

My operating system is win10 64bit, and the compiler I use is VS2013.

Edited by gameboy
  • Like 1

Relevant changeset: SVN20321.

I'm afraid I can't really help here, as I'm neither really familiar with C++ nor do I have Windows available for testing.

If there's anything I can help with I'm glad to do so.

Just a shot, but can you check what happens if you apply the patch below?

diff --git a/source/lobby/glooxwrapper/glooxwrapper.h b/source/lobby/glooxwrapper/glooxwrapper.h
index 6b2f33a374..b6afe2bd6d 100644
--- a/source/lobby/glooxwrapper/glooxwrapper.h
+++ b/source/lobby/glooxwrapper/glooxwrapper.h
@@ -394,7 +394,7 @@ namespace glooxwrapper

bool connect(bool block = true);
                gloox::ConnectionError recv(int timeout = -1);
-               std::string getID();
+               const std::string getID();
                void send(const IQ& iq);

void setTls(gloox::TLSPolicy tls);

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, leper said:

Testing should happen on as many platforms as possible. At least some libc++/clang and some MSVC++ tests would be needed. Guess what has been argued for since ages, also guess what happened so far.

Yes I fully agree with you and I don't think anybody has ever been against more testing - however putting that into place takes a bit more time than what I currently have. For Windows I admit I am the only active one with full access to stuff, so I am responsible, but for libc++/clang, I'd be happy to receive an incremental patch on top of D18 (I will probably commit the current one next week, so patches can be proposed!)

I suspect making arc work under Windows through Jenkins job will be very tricky, so we probably shouldn't loose the habit of performing manual testing when touching sensitive things like the gloox wrapper.

Sure.

What about:

When an autobuild fails, Vulcan only applies the first new commit and then tries building, if that succeeds it tries the next one. By that, Vulcan finds out the commit which fails and than could notify the committee the same way, as it does, when a Linux post commit test/build fails.

(Alternatively we could yous bisecting)

7 minutes ago, Imarok said:

Sure.

What about:

When an autobuild fails, Vulcan only applies the first new commit and then tries building, if that succeeds it tries the next one. By that, Vulcan finds out the commit which fails and than could notify the committee the same way, as it does, when a Linux post commit test/build fails.

(Alternatively we could yous bisecting)

Well autobuilds shouldn't fail, so if we don't test patches on Windows, we would be better off with autobuild failures loudly reported to everyone, and then we would figure out what broke. Let's keep the sophistication for clever continuous integration ;)

Well someone might have also suggested having more than one person with access to some infrastructure. And last I checked I don't have any such access, and I might have better things to do than wait what seems like years for things to get anywhere than random ideas. Also libc++/clang even on some other *nix would help with not breaking that OSX/macOS/whatever support that always comes back to bite when a release is planned, but it does seem like just dropping that platform would be easier.