===[TASK]=== Stables, Workshops, and Ranges

LordGood

10 minutes ago, LordGood said:

god dang

blender crashin on me

screenshot0004.png

Sweet, Looking good. Are you gonna make the hellenized versions of those, or switch to another civ ?

Beware of the collada exporter it sometimes crash when exporting.
Good things against it:

1. All hail Autosave (in the file menu)
2. Incremental saves :)
3. Saving before exporting.

Funny note Collada exporter is currently broken in blender 2.8 (Had some trouble so I tried it) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

1. All hail Autosave (in the file menu)
2. Incremental saves :)
3. Saving before exporting.

Usually do this but I felt like being particularly stupid today.

Also when i went to check where i left off it autosaved over my autosave so now i have it set to backlog at least 10

1 minute ago, LordGood said:

Also when i went to check where i left off it autosaved over my autosave so now i have it set to backlog at least 10

Happens :) Forces you to do better :D

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:45 AM, LordGood said:

If keeps crashing when exporting X Collada file try exporting to another folder, it work for me some times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I just think it has to do with everything being in one image tbqh. It's worse on some buildings more than others which puzzles me a bit

Probably has to do with parallax, I guess if we had just normals it'd be fine, but since it's parallax, some stuff might be off. A good example on how to properly do it is the chinese texture, where the parallax map is perfect (for the roof at least)

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LordGood said:

Kinda disappointed Romans don't have bricks in their texpack could have opened a lot of cool opportunities.

Logically, all brickwork would be painted over with plaster or other such material, so the current texture pack is pretty good as far as that goes. Thouuuuuughhh, it would be cool to see raw brick during construction or destruction.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but why can't we have this in alpha 23? With all the other new stuff, this would make 0AD really feel like a brand new game, and make alpha 23 legendary :) It's also a really good one up over AoE DE......

I wouldn't care one bit if I had to wait another 2 weeks (or more) of testing/balancing for this...

Just now, Sundiata said:

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but why can't we have this in alpha 23? With all the other new stuff, this would make 0AD really feel like a brand new game, and make alpha 23 legendary :) It's also a really good one up over AoE DE......

I wouldn't care one bit if I had to wait another 2 weeks (or more) of testing/balancing for this...

It would probably need rebalancing of like half the tech-tree to get those in though, maybe much more time is needed for changes and testing.

• Like 2

AI needs to be rewritten to accept these, and from what little i understand that's no small task

Petra was already modified to handle cavalry stables and siege workshops a few months ago. What is needed is someone to make the decision to enable them in the main distribution.

1 hour ago, LordGood said:

AI needs to be rewritten to accept these, and from what little i understand that's no small task

1 hour ago, Nescio said:

Petra was already modified to handle cavalry stables and siege workshops a few months ago. What is needed is someone to make the decision to enable them in the main distribution.

So, which one is it?? lol...