===[COMMITTED]=== Gastraphetes

Alexandermb

This seems really promising, many thanks!

The projectile does seem a bit long, though; (Ancient) crossbows shot stones or bolts, but not arrows. Furthermore, the gastraphetes was used exclusively in siege warfare, so maybe you could give the soldier some protection (e.g. leather armour, helmet).

Again, it looks really great already :)

5 hours ago, Nescio said:

This seems really promising, many thanks!

The projectile does seem a bit long, though; (Ancient) crossbows shot stones or bolts, but not arrows. Furthermore, the gastraphetes was used exclusively in siege warfare, so maybe you could give the soldier some protection (e.g. leather armour, helmet).

Again, it looks really great already :)

The archer and arrow are placeholders, i used them because it was the first texture file i found and the arrow was already added on the blender file i use for animations, for now the gastraphetes is ready. Now its just finish the archer animations wich i already have the attack one, missing only the run/walk.

Edited by Alexandermb

1 hour ago, Nescio said:

Many thanks for your quick and excellent work!

I probably should have specified it earlier (hopefully you're not annoyed by me asking now), but would giving the unit a Boeotion helmet instead of the current one be possible?

Reveal hidden contents

Boeotian_helmet,_4th_century_BC.jpg

Don't worry, we are here to make it the more history accurate as the game engine/models/textures allows us

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

Again, many thanks for your decent work and quick replies, I really appreciate it! I'll include the unit in my mod (0abc), assuming you don't object. Maybe someone else could also upload the gastraphetes into the default 0 A.D. distribution.

Anyway, if you're not yet tired of helping me, I've posted three more unit requests in my modification questions and answers topic: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21083-how-to-start-modifying/&page=6

5 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Again, many thanks for your decent work and quick replies, I really appreciate it! I'll include the unit in my mod (0abc), assuming you don't object. Maybe someone else could also upload the gastraphetes into the default 0 A.D. distribution.

Anyway, if you're not yet tired of helping me, I've posted three more unit requests in my modification questions and answers topic: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21083-how-to-start-modifying/&page=6

They need be approved for art team. @LordGood

1 minute ago, Nescio said:

With reference images i can try. Go ahead, i guess the gastraphetes can reach the 0AD, its around the time frame.

On 10/23/2017 at 2:32 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I get this from the gastra.

screenshot1305.png

screenshot1306.png

This is a problem with Alpha 23, not Delenda Est. I tested it in Alpha 23 and still got this. Public mod only, Delenda Est disabled. So, I tested it with the Alpha 22 release and got no visual error. Only new skeleton in A23 over A22 is the target marker.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1