Delenda Est is dead? [No, it's not]

Lion.Kanzen

There's nothing much I can do with the mod unless the team comes up with some more interesting gameplay additions. @LordGood's new archery ranges and stables and workshops are intriguing though. I could try to make a coin resource, but whatever code I come up with will become deprecated lickedy friggin split. Another thing I could try is extending the slave/citizen concept to all/most civs per my gameplay proposal here:

• Like 1

I'm understand your point, the game losses players each alpha since A16, only have new comers but isn't enough , the game isn't funny have players start to boring easily, immtalkmof me or your WFG community I'm talking people in other forums and pages.

The player prefer AoE , EE or Ron, even AoE Online (project celeste) are making 0 A.D looks a game without single vision, with nice boring features, like collage of goods things that Don't work well, the actual game is monotone. Even a community manager can't  solve this. Who want support a project without soul, is only a pretty face, and the  void inside?

Can be nice divide the mod by features and departments like a big jigsaw

Free vector graphic: Jigsaw Puzzle, Parts, Jigsaw - Free ...But keep in mine the other pieces.

Even @DarcReaver can participate, he don't need rush the things only give analysis..

I try to implement my part art, icons and new eyecandy buildings.

Another can try gameplay wraitii may be or another community member.

Another balance the gaming and add counters this most delicate, this mean add and cut off things. Testing

And as we do with CoM adding new even civs .

You can help all pieces , niektb can be project admin

If Alexander and lordgood want to join.

• 4 months later...

Don't know where to start on fixing all the actors. Well, I started, but then realized the gargantuan task ahead and gave up. Unit actors all renamed to a new scheme. All infantry need fixed for carry anims. All new camel stuff. Soon, cavalry will need fixed for the new movement animations. They already all need fixed because variants were moved... Just too much. Motivation completely gone.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

14 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Don't know where to start on fixing all the actors. Well, I started, but then realized the gargantuan task ahead and gave up. Unit actors all renamed to a new scheme. All infantry need fixed for carry anims. All new camel stuff. Soon, cavalry will need fixed for the new movement animations. They already all need fixed because variants were moved... Just too much. Motivation completely gone.

You need a coder volunteer. you need a kind of  guy enjoy fixing that. we can call masochistic coder.

Was looking around if I could help somewhere. I'd suggest to not copy gamesetup.xml. It's easily outdated (already the case) and then either breaks or doesn't get the new features.

I noticed two changes. The first one is giving more space for the civ selection. I can commit that for mods. The second change is resizing the tab buttons. I can't offer that because the space can easily be used by translated strings. Obviously this isn't the final UI design yet either. But if you really want to change the size, you could it externally too. But keeping the xml copy around will only cause more maintenance trouble.

Spoiler

--- gamesetup.xml2    2018-02-24 11:58:50.136065581 +0100
+++ /media/tmpfs2/gamesetup.xml    2018-02-24 11:56:25.259465107 +0100
@@ -113,11 +113,11 @@
                                 sprite_over="ModernGearHover"
                                 sprite_pressed="ModernGearPressed"
                             >
                                 <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Configure AI settings.</translatableAttribute>
                             </object>
-                            <object name="playerCiv[n]" type="dropdown" style="ModernDropDown" size="50%+69 2 85% 30" tooltip_style="onscreenToolTip" dropdown_size="350">
+                            <object name="playerCiv[n]" type="dropdown" style="ModernDropDown" size="50%+69 2 85% 30" tooltip_style="onscreenToolTip" dropdown_size="1000">
                                 <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Select player's civilization.</translatableAttribute>
                             </object>
                             <object name="playerCivText[n]" type="text" style="ModernLabelText" size="50%+65 0 85% 30"/>
                             <object name="playerTeam[n]" type="dropdown" style="ModernDropDown" size="85%+5 2 100%-5 30" tooltip_style="onscreenToolTip">
                                 <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Select player's team.</translatableAttribute>
@@ -148,11 +148,11 @@

<!-- Settings -->
             <object name="settingsBackground" type="image" sprite="ModernDarkBoxGold" size="100%-715 346 100%-315 100%-60"/>
             <object name="settingsPanel" type="image" sprite="ModernDarkBoxGold" size="100%-785 351 100%-315 100%-65" hidden="true" z="1">
                 <repeat count="60" var="n">
-                    <object name="settingFrame[n]" size="0 2 320 60">
+                    <object name="settingFrame[n]" size="0 2 320 32">
                         <object
                             name="settingTitle[n]"
                             type="text"
                             size="0 0 170 30"
                             style="ModernRightLabelText"
@@ -174,11 +174,11 @@
                             z="1"
                         />
                         <object
                             name="settingCheckbox[n]"
                             type="checkbox"
-                            size="175 0 193 30"
+                            size="175 5 193 30"
                             style="ModernTickBox"
                             tooltip_style="onscreenToolTip"
                             z="1"
                         />
                     </object>

19 hours ago, elexis said:

Was looking around if I could help somewhere. I'd suggest to not copy gamesetup.xml. It's easily outdated (already the case) and then either breaks or doesn't get the new features.

18 hours ago, elexis said:

r21353 adds 3 more civs to the dropdown item, which is the most we can display on 1024x768. There might already be a ticket or patch about automatic resizing (@bb_?)

13 hours ago, bb_ said:

Resizing dropdown lists? => D1061, #4857

Just set the size of the dropdown to 1000. It resizes to the number of civs automatically according to my testing. I am not sure if this can be applied elsewhere too, perhaps the struct tree civ dropdown too, but I haven't tested.

It's easily outdated (already the case)

I had already fixed it locally, but seriously can't be arsed to push it to git.

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Just set the size of the dropdown to 1000. It resizes to the number of civs automatically according to my testing.

The problem with that is that the dropdown can exceed the screenspace this way and the players won't be able to select some civs then.

• 2 months later...

My small modding team has begun a fork of this mod that aims more for hardcore realism and lots of fun content and civs.

https://discord.gg/hpdWE4H

https://github.com/Ferrumian-modding-team/rerum_aestimatione_magni

Edited by Imperator Ferrum Princeps I
changed github repository name
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Imperator Ferrum Princeps I said:

My small modding team has begun a fork of this mod that aims more for hardcore realism and lots of fun content and civs.

https://discord.gg/hpdWE4H

https://github.com/Ferrumian-modding-team/rerum_aestimatione_magni

Interesting. fyi, I'm keeping the DE mod up to date, I'm just not going to do any alpha releases until Beta. What kind of additions/changes for realism are you planning on making? What other civs are you thinking of adding? :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolf Dew said:

Has the main game devs considered implementing Delenda est's features into the 0 AD?

Yes. There has been some consideration. There has be no definitive answers though. I personally consider delenda est as a bleeding edge public mod with more civs. I usually pick stuff that has been fixed/improved there.

• Like 2

• s0600204 changed the title to Delenda Est is dead? [No, it's not]