SoundFX : Missing Sounds

Lion.Kanzen

For the GUI is good, but something less metallic, but is interesting sound to test later. is similar to  Rome TW attack GUI confirmation, and similar to Hover 950 style(futuristic game)

You remember caesar sound place or erase , something similar but having a negative sound. is prefer wood made sound(edited like this) 

4 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

I need to ask are these sounds completely made from scratch or are they based on something else like other sounds movies recordings from someone else etc 

Sounds good so far.

Foley :D 

--------------------------

@nilsThe sling are good but the first are quickly compared to the animation.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Is composite  sound.,a sound mine like that with(mixed) player message notification(anoter task), I need discuss these first. I like AoM message alert.

Spoiler

For battle can be nice all individual sounds like this.specially metallic and flesh. and trumpets we haven't enough.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

18 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@nilsThe sling are good but the first are quickly compared to the animation.

ok, i can redo them to match animation timing if you can point me to the correct folder/animation?  i've never used blender either, is that how i would view the animations?

I like the buzz of the stones in flight, one of my favorite things about slinging

getting those in game would be wicked

also @stanislas69 is right, these need extensive testing in many different scenarios to make sure these sounds dont become overpowering, especially with stacking reverb. That was one of the major problems I had making sounds for PA

Let me know if you want to play around with the sounds here @nils

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I like the buzz of the stones in flight, one of my favorite things about slinging

getting those in game would be wicked

also @stanislas69 is right, these need extensive testing in many different scenarios to make sure these sounds dont become overpowering, especially with stacking reverb. That was one of the major problems I had making sounds for PA

Let me know if you want to play around with the sounds here @nils

The priority must be low, the impact of those are important but not the loading sound.

Oh, thanks for the tip - I didn't realize I could view animations in the Atlas editor.  I will rework those slinger sounds a bit.  

how does sound variation work?  should i be making a few variations for each?  should i keep the sounds separated so they can be individually linked to the animation and pitch/tempo shifted by the engine?  or does the engine just look for one single sound per unit?  for example, with the slinger - should i mix it down to one sound that generally fits the "ranged attack" animation played at normal tempo, or keep each part of the effect as a separate file that gets triggered as the animation unfolds?  

im not sure i personally have the time to set all those trigger points, but i can at least be looking at the animation in the editor and getting the timing closer.  i just want to contribute sounds that are useful!  if i upload stuff here, is there someone that will implement it in game down the road?

one more quick question.  does the game utilize looping sounds?  im looking at doing some sounds for horse drawn vehicles, battle walla and general ambiences, but was curious if they needed to be a certain length/loop/fade?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordGood said:

also @stanislas69 is right, these need extensive testing in many different scenarios to make sure these sounds dont become overpowering, especially with stacking reverb. That was one of the major problems I had making sounds for PA@nils

yeah, totally get that!  im generally uploading these at about -5db to -7db.  im assuming the engine can spatialize them (stereo field and volume), and there is headroom in case anyone finds that they need to be normalized, EQed or otherwise processed.

2 hours ago, nils said:

yeah, totally get that!  im generally uploading these at about -5db to -7db.  im assuming the engine can spatialize them (stereo field and volume), and there is headroom in case anyone finds that they need to be normalized, EQed or otherwise processed.

The sound system is not well documented, so I can't say for sure. That's definitely an area I will improve, so people like you can express their talent without limitation ;)

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

The sound system is not well documented, so I can't say for sure. That's definitely an area I will improve, so people like you can express their talent without limitation ;)

I give there an idea what he mean with db.

The decibel (symbol: dB) is a logarithmic unit used to express the ratio of one value of a physical property to another, and may be used to express a change in value (e.g., +1 dB or -1 dB) or an absolute value.

image.png.2f1014c2f9549c0ce6b3e221d7e334a9.png

4 hours ago, nils said:

Oh, thanks for the tip - I didn't realize I could view animations in the Atlas editor.  I will rework those slinger sounds a bit.  

how does sound variation work?  should i be making a few variations for each?  should i keep the sounds separated so they can be individually linked to the animation and pitch/tempo shifted by the engine?  or does the engine just look for one single sound per unit?  for example, with the slinger - should i mix it down to one sound that generally fits the "ranged attack" animation played at normal tempo, or keep each part of the effect as a separate file that gets triggered as the animation unfolds?  

im not sure i personally have the time to set all those trigger points, but i can at least be looking at the animation in the editor and getting the timing closer.  i just want to contribute sounds that are useful!  if i upload stuff here, is there someone that will implement it in game down the road?

in some cases can be separated but im not sure how many sounds can be supported by the engine.

better focus in melee combat specially swords. easy to record and is the principal problem.