Sign in to follow this  
leper

===[COMMITTED]=== Amphibious animal swimming animation request

@stanislas69, it looks pretty good to me, though I'm not as familiar with crocodiles as I am with horses :P 

Only thing I can think of is that the tail movement could be a little smoother, much like the way a snake moves.

Check out this video of a crocodile swimming, with a pig in it's mouth...

• Like 1

I'm familiar with alligators  and Crocodiles we have a Zoo for some lizards named the "Serpentario" and I like biology and Natural History.

Underwater Photography

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Should make a crocoshark that swims and flies. That way a mod can have a crocosharknado god power.

Crocodile animation looks good enough though. ;) Needs to be more snakelike but that means more bones so it's a trade off.

movies category B

aztecrex.jpg

Like Aztec Rex, even is in YouTube :laugh:

• Haha 1

Stanislas69, please forgive me, I have one last nit to pick:

The animation seems to comprise of 2 parts:

• "part 1": hind legs are flat against it's sides.
  • "part 2": hind legs are "manoeuvring",

When a crocodile is in free swim going straight, it uses it's tail only, with it legs flat against the sides, like "part 1". When stopping, or moving left or right, it's hind legs "manoeuvre" like "part 2". To make the anim more natural looking, I suggest that it comprises of two times "part 1", and 1 time "part 2". So there's twice as much time spent free swimming, as there is manoeuvring:

current animation: "part 1", "part 2", "part 1", "part 2", "part 1", "part 2"...

My suggestion: "part 1", "part 1", "part 2", "part 1", "part 1", "part 2"...

I think this will look far more natural. 

Edited by Sundiata

@Alexandermb before I check did you take @Sundiata's feedback into account ? Also any reason why you bake the wole animation ? Have a look at the smooth keyframes option in the curve panel it's useful.

I wonder if you could use a curve for the mesh to follow.

Thats for the speed, i tried what @Sundiata suggested but they broke some things so i reverted everything and went first into the speed theme. I did some test with curves yet they need some carefull look. 

Edited by Alexandermb

@Alexandermb Let me know if you manage to do something, I believe they could be pretty useful. I think the anim you sent me is broken, it's a bit bouncy on certain parts.

Ok i think i got the snake-like tail movement thanks to someone who helped me in here with some math example,, now its just fix the bounce and try what sundiata says

• Like 1

@Sundiata the animation is 150 frames lenght 150/6=25 that means it will took 25x2 to manouver while the current animation is 0>50 flat 51>150 manouvering for smooth look like, what i could do is copy the animation in the flat time and make another animation with only flat movement and use 3 variants 2 flat 1 manouvering.

Croc.thumb.gif.096aa17efba1e7c08f4620347f5cdef6.gif

• Like 4

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Is nais. No complaints. I have even sern that foot movement in a lot of reference videos. 

Yep looks good to me as well