Sign in to follow this  
leper

===[COMMITTED]=== Amphibious animal swimming animation request

For some mod support related code (amphibious units, as in swimming, not hovercrafts), and for adding support for swimming animations I'd like to test this with something that can actually be used in 0 A.D..

Since we do have crocodiles and the blend file for that in the art_source repo, I'd like to have someone create some swimming animations. Would make testing a lot more fun. If someone wants to create animations for some other animals that like to swim (elephants, polar bears, etc) feel free to do so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, I can work with that.

Can someone from the art team (or regular contributors) comment on the animation itself? Having the source files would also be nice (if someone mentioned in the previous sentence interprets this as a hint that could also apply to other things they'd be correct).

ah, I wanted to talk about that. For some reason I cant commit to the art repo anymore(yes i tried). Is that process different since the switch to phabricator?

Most likely the same issue as with the public repo once we switched to reqiring HTTPS there. Since the forum search seems uncooperative currently you'll have to figure out how to fix that url yourself.

@Alexandermb blendfile please :)
 @leper Sorry I missed the part where you were asking for a review of the anim : I'd say it's only okay for testing purposes but the body is too stiff near the head it should ondulate more. Maybe @Alexandermb could fix that when he has time. Maybe the front paws could move too.

5 hours ago, wraitii said:

Feel free to change the rig BTW, I made the original animations for the croc so I'm not going to claim they're perfect :P 

The rig is ok, the limiter or "helper" are the messy ones, is like the horse rig i adapted to the horse they work flawless for some type of animations but when you are going to try some movement they become a problema and is better to keep the rig as it is so it won't harm any other skeleton

To be honest I don't think it's an issue to have several variants of the mesh with different rigs in the blend file. So long as the bones are the same.