How to upgrade female citizen to priestess ?

screab

There are actually two kinds of upgrades:

Now, if you want to use the former, you'll have to edit /simulation/templates/template_unit_support_female_citizen.xml only, and if you want the latter, the same file and all /simulation/templates/units/*_female_citizen.xml files.

You also might want to have a look at (the first page of) https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21083-how-to-start-modifying/&page=1

Edited by Nescio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, screab said:

I just managed to make the unit upgradable by investing resources but I can't seem to make the promotions work.

Just a heads up to clarify: resource upgrade and rank promotion are two distinct options, and you can choose either of them. You don't need to use “upgrade” if you only want “promotion”.

1 hour ago, screab said:

What are the rules for an advanced unit xml file ?

From what I see I need only to make it's parent the unit I want to upgrade, is this true ?

Promotion is quite simple :) The template or one of its parents (typically the general template) needs to have the experience specified, e.g.:

<Promotion>
    <RequiredXp>100</RequiredXp>
  </Promotion>

The promoteable unit needs to have specified into which unit it will promote, e.g.:

<Promotion>
    <Entity>units/athen_support_healer_e</Entity>
  </Promotion>

And (only if its parent can promote) the final promotion stage needs:

<Promotion disable=""/>

The unit stats are identical to the parent (the entity in line 2), unless otherwise specified. The parent can be any template, not necessarily the previous promotion stage (it's perfectly possible to promote soldiers into towers; the other way around is more complicated). Keep in mind that if you promote a female into a healer, the female will cease to be a female, and starts being a healer. If, however, you would want a female-healer combination, you'll have to create or edit a new template (e.g. add build and resource gatherer options and classes to a healer or healing options to a female).

PS It's also possible to automatically promote units by researching a specific technology, e.g.: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/technologies/successors/upgrade_mace_silvershields.json

Edited by Nescio
ce
  • Like 1