Some bugs/crash

Servo

mainlog.html has some warnings about the structure tree not supporting that many units, which only occurs for mods as far as I know.

The crashlog.txt says it crashes in the NetClient at DeserializeState.

I might suspect that you tried to join a lobby game where the players dont have mods while you had a mod enabled.

We don't have mod support in the lobby currently, but with every release, it becomes a little bit more relevant to add it (as in showing a warning that you need the exact same mods as the players in that game).

I was trying @Nescio mod(0abc) and it was really a good mod. It worked and went all the way to check if the game will go very far and it did. Most if not all units require metal, and as in DE (no metal requirements on most units) you can only train cavalries in the barracks and i guess on stables if the civ has any. All units have attack rate of 1sec and i don't know which civ is OP with any unit but the unit/s actions were awesome. DE's attack rates of 2 seconds is my  best preference regardless of unbalances or OPness. The game was bugged and the AI did not produce combat units after I repulsed its attack then there was this red message. In the beginning of the game there were no error message at all compared to some or most mods. Idk if there was a bug but the unit promotions takes too long (maybe unit promoted when it kills) and when you triple click on unit/s (esp. the horse archer {bugged since its appearance is the max promoted one at initial training}) they grouped in mixed appearance (based on experience). Some have more experience and some have less but triple clicked the same.

I will try the money wrench now and see how it goes. I will try the Probalance game mod too then the will go all the way with the addictive DE :P. Attached are the logs of the game. 

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

• 3 weeks later...

That problem sounds unrelated to the original post. The mainlog says there was an error on survival of the fittest. I suspect the map was played with a mod that adds a civ, templates or something.

The freeze most likely comes from the fact that there will spawn 300 gaia units for each player if they somehow managed to survive that long. Combined with the fact that the Footprint component is extremely slow (we got a release blocker ticket around for that).

Yeah it’s not related to the original thread. 

I don’t think there’s a mod (but most of my crashes are with mods) enabled but I’m aware that there was a warning before playing the map with AI. When I tried playing it there were 3 AIs and me. Once AI got beaten I continue to play the game until the game freeze or crash. I will try to duplicate these freezes using the release alone and just trying to confirm it’s not a PC or internet issue.

Off topic :BTW 0ad can’t be played SP if there’s no internet? If the game reached beta or higher will there be option to play it without internet and just using CD, DVD etc?

3 hours ago, Servo said:

Off topic :BTW 0ad can’t be played SP if there’s no internet? If the game reached beta or higher will there be option to play it without internet and just using CD, DVD etc?

Are you really sure? You only need internet to download the game, but after you've installed 0 A.D., you can play single player regardless whether or not you're connected to the internet. Nor do I understand why you would want to use a CD or DVD.

That’s nice to know! It’s been in my mind that SP might not be playable  without internet. Now I could eliminate one suspect of why my games sometimes freeze or crash on SP. Though I’m sure my ISP is good(150 mbps Verizon) I did not discount it’s probable cause of failure. if I go on vacation I don’t need to worry too if there’s no internet coz I can still play. 

Regarding hard copies I’m just trying to make sure that I have a back up. I’m old when I retire I might live in a remote island, who knows. I think flash drive is enough. 

Tonight I will try with original A22 if it doesn’t freeze then might be the mod. I’ve been playing the Vox and DE alternately and hope your 0abc has another new version. 

One thing that I noticed is when I run the early saved part of the same game it continues further up to more pop and doesn’t freeze. 

I checked the specs need and my pc is ok. It’s 27 Mac I guess 3.4 Ghz, i7 with very big HD but 2x2 GB memory. What I’m worried is the 1024 graphics with something like 9860 type(rpm?).

In MP I rarely lag even with 8 players. 

My windows 10 gaming laptop did not freeze on A21 SP nor on A22 MP. 

Edited by Servo