low fps

Andrej

hello i have a not very good pc when i play 0 ad i have on the begining 30-50 FPS what is very good but when i am in the mid game i have like 20-14 FPS , can someone help to improve my FPS(the windowe mod is the same) my performace:

750 vram

intel core i3 2.93 GHz

2gb ram 

Windows 7 64bit

• 2 months later...

I'd like to put in my 2 cents for what it's worth; I do have a decent pc (GTX 1070, i7 6700 with the game on SSD) and I experience the same issue.

It's just the optimization for the number of units in the game is currently limited. It's also worse if you play with a friend (or group of friends) because then internet connectivity becomes an issue too. (since the host PC has to process everything)

34 minutes ago, Clandenas said:

(since the host PC has to process everything)

Each client does as well as a check make sure all the clients have the same data the lag you see is mostly related to the pathfinder algorithm more units need more calculations it is being worked on as well as work on the render engine there is also the fact that we still really only use a single core of multi-core CPU's refactoring for multi-threading will be a very long and difficult task.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 2

There is a difference between low FPS and 'simulation lag'. While too many units and a too big mapsize worsens the performance both in the simulation and rendering, it's also possible to have a crappy framerate even if the simulation runs smoothly. FPS is certainly getting worse with every tree and unit added to the screen. So you gotta resort to reducing the graphics settings and limiting the mapsize + population anyhow as Stan recommended. (There is also an FPS limiter in the options in case you want to get above 60 fps)

• Like 2