Trac theme

Looks ugly just like the forums. What's the point of having washed out colours and low contrast text on something that is mainly about content only, and not about looking fancy? If we are going to change the theme for just one thing I'd vote for the forums.

• Like 3

I think the ugliness of the theme (the current one or the proposed one) is subjective and a bit irrelevant. The lack of contrast on the forums is a real problem because it can prevent people from participating at all. On the other hand I don't think we should care about people who think "oh this website is ugly I don't want to participate because it doesn't look modern". Those people are not motivated enough :)

@daker Thanks for looking into updating the theme though. What we could maybe do is installing that theme without making it the default? That way it is available to the people who'd enjoy it. I can look into that when I upgrade Trac to the latest version, if that sounds good to you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Itms said:

@dakerWhat we could maybe do is installing that theme without making it the default? That way it is available to the people who'd enjoy it.

I suggest to use the Stylus add-on (do not use Stylish, it sends your personal statistics usage by default, while the Stylus fork doesn't) to test new (trac and/or forum) themes.
One can also upload themes on https://userstyles.org/

@daker I prefer dark themes, have you ever thought of creating one? (for trac and the forum) ?

• Like 1

On 02/09/2017 at 2:40 PM, Itms said:

@daker Thanks for looking into updating the theme though. What we could maybe do is installing that theme without making it the default? That way it is available to the people who'd enjoy it. I can look into that when I upgrade Trac to the latest version, if that sounds good to you.

I am not really sure you can install multiple themes, if it can be done i can provide the CSS and the site.html

On 02/09/2017 at 4:39 PM, xanax said:

@daker I prefer dark themes, have you ever thought of creating one? (for trac and the forum) ?

IPS is not free so i can't really test locally, also making a theme for it can be complex and time consuming.

Edited by daker
  • Thanks 1