Faction : Nomads Xiongnu

Lion.Kanzen

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The only Major issue I've seen with Alexs horses is the Uv mapping. Half of that is the texture layout which is out of his control. I may just suggest that chamfrons and peytrals all become props. This will mask the ugly mapping. That can be done later of course so I say Alexs horses are good enough to commit. They're definitely a noticeable improvement and can be improved further moving forward.

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

if they are going to be committed then i will be proceding to clean and adjust i had some things to do before uploading full but i was waiting for approval and opinions and also i will try a canter animation for chariot horses.

Hit me up when you have something ready, with if possible @wowgetoffyourcellphone comments taken into account.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Since you are the one that always ask we keep variants in stock, do you want me to keep old horses, or can I nuke it all together ?

3 hours ago, LordGood said:

Greenlit then! Anything is better than our old horses, and alexanders work is very much easier on the eyes. Animation commits can get messy fast though, so I'll just ask to keep an eye out for any odd mesh deformities/errors thrown. 

Great ! I'm not that experienced with anims, I really need to find a way to learn how to make better ones. The zebu is still missing it's death anim, maybe @Alexandermb could do it so we can add it in game as well, if so I'll upload my latest blend. What I would be really grateful for is if he could record his process, no comments needed, just plain video, so I can learn.

• 1 month later...

Yuezhi (less popular) 

Fierce nomads from beyound the mountains, the Yuezhi are mentioned time and agin in ancient annals and are definitely part of these less-known ancient great nomadic kingdoms of Asia. They are mostly known by the chinese as the 月氏, Rouzhi in pinyin. These pastoralists lived in remote and arid grassland area in the western part of the modern Chinese province of Gansu. Hard-pressed by the agressive Xiongnu from the north, they were defeated in the 2nd century BC, splitting into the Greater Yuezhi (Dà Yuèzhī 大月氏) and Lesser Yuezhi (Xiǎo Yuèzhī 小月氏), migrating westwards.

Greater Yuezhi initially migrated northwest into the Ili Valley (on the modern borders of China and Kazakhstan), where they reportedly displaced elements of the Sakas (Scythians). They were driven from the Ili Valley by the Wusun and migrated southward to Sogdia and later settled in Bactria, where they then defeated the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom. The Greater Yuezhi have consequently often been identified with Bactrian peoples mentioned in classical European sources, like the Tókharioi (Greek Τοχάριοι; Sanskrit Tukhāra) and Asii (or Asioi). During the 1st century BC, one of the five major Greater Yuezhi tribes in Bactria, the Kushanas (Chinese: 貴霜; pinyin: Guishuang), began to subsume the other tribes and neighbouring peoples. The subsequent Kushan Empire, at its peak in the 3rd century CE, stretched from Turfan in the Tarim Basin, in the north to Pataliputra on the Gangetic plain of India in the south. The Kushanas played an important role in the development of trade on the Silk Road and the introduction of Buddhism to China.

Most of the Lesser Yuezhi appear to have migrated southward into Tibet. However, some are reported to have settled among the Qiang people in Qinghai, and to have been involved in the Liangzhou Rebellion (184–221 CE). Others are said to have founded the city state of Cumuḍa (now known as Kumul and Hami 哈密) in the eastern Tarim. A fourth group of Lesser Yuezhi may have become part of the Jie people of Shanxi, who established the 4th Century AD Later Zhao state (although this remains controversial). While the Yuezhi have often been associated with artifacts of extinct cultures in the Tarim Basin, such as the Tarim mummies and the so-called Tocharian languages, the evidence for any such link is purely circumstantial.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yuezhi (less popular) 

Fierce nomads from beyound the mountains, the Yuezhi are mentioned time and agin in ancient annals and are definitely part of these less-known ancient great nomadic kingdoms of Asia. They are mostly known by the chinese as the 月氏, Rouzhi in pinyin. These pastoralists lived in remote and arid grassland area in the western part of the modern Chinese province of Gansu. Hard-pressed by the agressive Xiongnu from the north, they were defeated in the 2nd century BC, splitting into the Greater Yuezhi (Dà Yuèzhī 大月氏) and Lesser Yuezhi (Xiǎo Yuèzhī 小月氏), migrating westwards.

Greater Yuezhi initially migrated northwest into the Ili Valley (on the modern borders of China and Kazakhstan), where they reportedly displaced elements of the Sakas (Scythians). They were driven from the Ili Valley by the Wusun and migrated southward to Sogdia and later settled in Bactria, where they then defeated the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom. The Greater Yuezhi have consequently often been identified with Bactrian peoples mentioned in classical European sources, like the Tókharioi (Greek Τοχάριοι; Sanskrit Tukhāra) and Asii (or Asioi). During the 1st century BC, one of the five major Greater Yuezhi tribes in Bactria, the Kushanas (Chinese: 貴霜; pinyin: Guishuang), began to subsume the other tribes and neighbouring peoples. The subsequent Kushan Empire, at its peak in the 3rd century CE, stretched from Turfan in the Tarim Basin, in the north to Pataliputra on the Gangetic plain of India in the south. The Kushanas played an important role in the development of trade on the Silk Road and the introduction of Buddhism to China.

Most of the Lesser Yuezhi appear to have migrated southward into Tibet. However, some are reported to have settled among the Qiang people in Qinghai, and to have been involved in the Liangzhou Rebellion (184–221 CE). Others are said to have founded the city state of Cumuḍa (now known as Kumul and Hami 哈密) in the eastern Tarim. A fourth group of Lesser Yuezhi may have become part of the Jie people of Shanxi, who established the 4th Century AD Later Zhao state (although this remains controversial). While the Yuezhi have often been associated with artifacts of extinct cultures in the Tarim Basin, such as the Tarim mummies and the so-called Tocharian languages, the evidence for any such link is purely circumstantial.

To be frank, I think the Yuezhi are as simple as switching the Asian dudes of the Xiongnu with with white dudes, tadaaa, Yuezhi...! Just throw some Tocharian (proto-Kushan) references in to the mix and we're good to go...

Perhaps Xiongnu as a fully fledged civ, and Yuezhi as a mini-civ derivative... 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sundiata said:

To be frank, I think the Yuezhi are as simple as switching the Asian dudes of the Xiongnu with with white dudes, tadaaa, Yuezhi...! Just throw some Tocharian (proto-Kushan) references in to the mix and we're good to go...

Perhaps Xiongnu as a fully fledged civ, and Yuezhi as a mini-civ derivative... 

I thought  that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Havent looked he files since started working on the first horses update but assuming every change from that alpha I guess i have to save again every file because they are using tabs instead of spaces, and update the cavalry follow the new units schema and see if the templates arent broken, on other hand i tought the shoushe and crossbow was already committed but their zip files are in their respective topic ready to commit.

17 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Havent looked he files since started working on the first horses update but assuming every change from that alpha I guess i have to save again every file because they are using tabs instead of spaces, and update the cavalry follow the new units schema and see if the templates arent broken, on other hand i tought the shoushe and crossbow was already committed but their zip files are in their respective topic ready to commit.

For now I don't mind if it's a bit messy, it's a mod so it's okay, I don't like having content sitting around for too long. I thought everything had been committed already.

• Like 1

Started to clean the xiongnu files, soon they could be committed, for some reason the bow got broken but doesnt matter ill fix it fast the hardest task is already done cleaning all the caps and fixing the tabs on the actor files, the shoushe and crossbow are done for commit but i see the shoushe share a skeleton with other meshes so i will re export the animation and the meshes for avoid the gastraphetes bug with another armature. 

• Like 2