How does spions works?

JuKu96

On 8/24/2017 at 4:26 PM, realNoobNoob said:

research the espionage technology at a cc or colony (only available if you are phase 3), then you can go to diplomacy and bribe a random unit from a player (i think it only works with merchants for now? not sure, never used it myself)

It's a nice change to the usual "spies" tech from Age-style games. It just needs some work. Why only merchants, for example?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

It's a nice change to the usual "spies" tech from Age-style games. It just needs some work. Why only merchants, for example?

That, amongst other things had been discussed in the review of the feature when it was proposed: D117. (You can find the link to those by using svn blame, they are linked in the commit message). There was some reason for traders only given, I don't recall.

Mostly I'd like to have a feature to reveal the wonder / relic / regicide hero location for those games. Could be made expensive. Also that "reveal everything" feature would be great for finding the last few units.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Only traders means the feature is stripped of the original purpose which was to speed up the late late game. If extended to all citizens or maybe all non heroes you get the ability to follow find that last female citizen hiding out in the woods.

Definitely agree with Wonder reveal especially in Wonder Race game mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Only traders means the feature is stripped of the original purpose which was to speed up the late late game. If extended to all citizens or maybe all non heroes you get the ability to follow find that last female citizen hiding out in the woods.

lol   what do you know of the original purpose? you should stop comparing things you are used to in other games and try to be a bit more creative.

18 minutes ago, mimo said:

lol   what do you know of the original purpose? you should stop comparing things you are used to in other games and try to be a bit more creative.

I'm not using traders... and why I should use spies... you guys from the team can be try play Delenda Est.

is common sense other support units can be bribed.

Hopefully visual movement indicator. I'd like rally point (#657; D557) but that requires time, and I'm not sure I'll be able to provide it (Some recent changes broke it)

Something I'd really want is minimap ping but I'm not sure I can do it.

Apart from that you can refer to the milestone on trac.