Back to Work Button

Phalanx

Could I be possbile to make the "Back to Work" button send the units back to the spot they were previsouly working?  I don't want all my units to start working the nearest farm, I want the women to do that!  Stop stealing the women's jobs! ;)  But yeah, could that be a thing?

The button is still there on all units that were doing a task whenever you ring the bell or you did not change their task from gather to something else. 

If they drop off the resource gathered then ordered to do another task the button disappears. If they are ordered to fight without dropping their resources the button remains. 

Idk if that's what you mean...and don't notice that they go to different spot but same type of resources gathering. 

I think auto gather when idle(set time) is better implemented. 

• Like 1

No button appears if there is no task to gather or patrol (I guess) before and after the bell. The button won't appear too if the sole task is to fight. The button appears  for all units imo if the task is to patrol. 

Therefore imo button works. 

Edited by Servo

On 8/21/2017 at 6:10 AM, elexis said:

If the men didn't work on fields, they won't work on fields after pressing back-to-work, do they?

Idk why, but they did.  They were gathering stone, and the enemy attacked.  I told them to attack the enemy, they defeated the enemy and went idle, I hit "back to work", and they walked to the nearest resources, which was the fields, and started farming.

On 8/23/2017 at 1:47 PM, elexis said:

I failed to reproduce the bug quickly. The order queue seen with the developer overlay (alt+d) indicates that the unit knows which types of resources it should gather and the code reads like just resuming the last order. Can you reproduce it or got a replay?

I can try to reproduce it