Planned for alpha 23 discuss

Lion.Kanzen

I have no plan for A23. It's probably 9 months between now and release.

Mostly the idea is to fix whatever public mod changes break in DE. Also complete my ideas and changes for the Chinese and Kushites. Chinese: make Ministers and Government Center work better. Kushites: get all the units and textures in and working right. See what I can do about the Temple of Amun/Wonder issue, as it is really bothering me to have a "special building" that's the size of a wonder with its only purpose being to train one champion unit. I think DE's Kushites will be a little bit different from TM's Kushites. 

And also get @wackyserious's unit textures in. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 6:56 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Mostly the idea is to fix whatever public mod changes break in DE...it is really bothering me to have a "special building" that's the size of a wonder...@wackyserious's unit textures in. 

Oh, please do. Once I get my hands on that DE that fixes my UI, I might start supporting it as the main game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very long list today but most are already discussed in other threads. MP wise I have no issue as I can adapt to any gameplay. More on SP(single player).

1. Buildings proportion, just to name a few:

Most "houses" too big wrt main buildings like CC. Iberians, Mauryans, Britons, Gauls are quite proportional. Ptolemies and Kushites and China seems just fine coz their CCs are big. Romans and Macedonians have quite big CC too but houses are still big. The Greek factions seem disproportionate. Carthage is a bit fine but Houses are still big. Two houses are really nice but the other one(lower) needs modification?

2. Adding more buildings like archery and stables or other tech buildings.

3. Most corrals are too small and abused. Their outputs shouldn't go farther and can't be scattered all over the place. The production should have limits and shouldn't be visible to opponents except when on its LOS.

4. Cavalries shouldn't be gatherers but they can kill hunts. Mounted and unmounted hunters should be the ones gathering hunts and their numbers should be limited too. A mounted hunter should gather with a dismounted animation.

5. Merchants should be limited and can only increase caps after a tech is researched or another CC or colony is built. In team games their numbers should be limited per ally. I hope they generate roads  and the road  should disappear if the trade route was broken(market destroyed). 

5. When bunch of units are selected and order to a specific area each unit should occupy a space each either during battle or idle.

6. More food "trees" and wild animals.

7. Siege units and ships be manned. Siege towers and ships should only fire when there is a ranged unit garrisoned and projectiles that come out should depend on what type of ranged unit garrisoned.

Bear with with me...:mellow:

10 minutes ago, Servo said:

I have a very long list today but most are already discussed in other threads. MP wise I have no issue as I can adapt to any gameplay. More on SP(single player).

1. Buildings proportion, just to name a few:

Most "houses" too big wrt main buildings like CC. Iberians, Mauryans, Britons, Gauls are quite proportional. Ptolemies and Kushites and China seems just fine coz their CCs are big. Romans and Macedonians have quite big CC too but houses are still big. The Greek factions seem disproportionate. Carthage is a bit fine but Houses are still big. Two houses are really nice but the other one(lower) needs modification?

2. Adding more buildings like archery and stables or other tech buildings.

3. Most corrals are too small and abused. Their outputs shouldn't go farther and can't be scattered all over the place. The production should have limits and shouldn't be visible to opponents except when on its LOS.

4. Cavalries shouldn't be gatherers but they can kill hunts. Mounted and unmounted hunters should be the ones gathering hunts and their numbers should be limited too. A mounted hunter should gather with a dismounted animation.

5. Merchants should be limited and can only increase caps after a tech is researched or another CC or colony is built. In team games their numbers should be limited per ally. I hope they generate roads  and the road  should disappear if the trade route was broken(market destroyed). 

5. When bunch of units are selected and order to a specific area each unit should occupy a space each either during battle or idle.

6. More food "trees" and wild animals.

7. Siege units and ships be manned. Siege towers and ships should only fire when there is a ranged unit garrisoned and projectiles that come out should depend on what type of ranged unit garrisoned.

Bear with with me...:mellow:

1- No the scale is just fine.

2-no because many reason, we have enough artist. Not all civs are like AoE2.

3-what? That haven't  any sense.

4-based in what historical sense?/ not enough artist and less to do animation and even is a feature that needs a programmer.

5-I don't have idea about that.

6- needs more 3D artist.

7- may be. But Siege ship is fine.

the only thing with have problem with scale are ships and fortress.

maybe i was wrong and based it in spectating. What I noticed is that when I click on a player the pigs can be seen with color pink and you can see they are moving. I'm going to play MP later and check again. Units from corrals and yeah maybe because the CC was destroyed and pigs are converted to Gaia. In vanilla not on DE sorry. 

Edited by Servo

1. It's hard to determine whether the house or the major structures are disproportionate imo coz Greek faction house looks too big when built besides CC or trees but too small when a cavalry is beside it. That's why I end up favoring to play Iberian because aside from the fact that their buildings really look great(except the barracks imo) with houses having more variety their size looks so nice when you build it besides any structure or trees.

2. Well I understand the lack of artist  or maybe complicating the mechanics but if you are able to make so many structures like stables for Persia etc why not make extra building for other civs. I remember BFME having very nice barracks, stable and archery range.  Their "one way" door on walls can even be great addition to some major buildings that can be garrisoned.

3. Corralling is not my strategy when playing MP but it's ridiculous watching so many cavalries butchering in their horseback the parading pigs near the CC. 

4. My taste is that cavalries role should be more military than economic. They can kill animals but turning those into food without dismounting is a bit weird especially in big numbers. 

5. It's like compressing or zipping files. 

Edited by Servo

2- Persian is a civ cavalry, like Mauryan is a civ for Elephants... Romans aren't civ of cavalry or the Greek cities...please don't compare a fantasy game with this.

3-yeah there have sense. But you need substitute they for women or slaves.

4 I need put clear dismounted or mounting a unit is a feature from the game than from the mod, because you need code then you need programming this with properly animation, animation that isn't exist yet, you see the problem. I like the feature but not for economic, remember is abstracting thing. No 0 A.D Total War realism. The feature is nice for Heroes and I'm  testing that in another game.

5- can be nice an example. The units actually have a own space is that why some units can pass some  ways or gates.

• Like 1

Well I made BFME as just example that if you have cavalry you must have stables or corral. my knowledge of history is limited I played RoN and my favorite Civ is Athens because of its unique Unit the companion cavalry and if it's a unique unit there could have been extensive training or program in their military structure that could include stables. 

And speaking of unique units they should perform to be very good on a particular gameplay. 

Gametime later...