Britons and early blacksmith

hebrews12

On the page about factions it says that the Celts (Britons and Gauls) have a shared advantage of having the blacksmith available to build in the Village (first) phase. But when I played the Britons, I couldn't get the blacksmith until the 2nd phase. Why is this? Am I misunderstanding something?

• Thanks 1

Anything you read under the "History" tab is totally wrong

For useful info, check the Structure Tree where you can see the buildings arranged into 3tiers with their technologies and units

They never got round to dumping the rubbish in the History section though..

Imagine the mentioned Spartan teambonus: All allies can train Spartiates (Spartan Spear Champions)

This would totally remove any civ based strategic value and its nonsense.. but it's there :P

Edited by Hannibal_Barca
  • Like 1

From the templates in-game, yes.

The place where "blacksmith" is mentioned as a first-phase building for the Celtic civs is on the website (https://play0ad.com/game-info/factions/) which, although nice to read, is either out of date or wishful thinking. (At the moment there's no point in moving the blacksmith to the first phase as none of the techs can be researched until the second.)

The Spartan team-bonus text found in-game as part of the "Civilisation Info" or "History" page was rewritten in May to reflect the actual implemented bonus. (As were all the descriptions of all the team bonuses found via that page. They should now all be accurate. The information about special buildings/techs, heroes, and civbonuses... not so much. We're working on it.)

The only place the "Allies can train Spartiates" thing is still mentioned is in the original design documents on trac, where it serves as part of the project's history and thus is not likely to be changed. (If you happen to find it written elsewhere, do tell us so we can correct it.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2017 at 7:48 PM, hebrews12 said:

On the page about factions it says that the Celts (Britons and Gauls) have a shared advantage of having the blacksmith available to build in the Village (first) phase. But when I played the Britons, I couldn't get the blacksmith until the 2nd phase. Why is this? Am I misunderstanding something?

Play Delenda Est, where this bonus is implemented.

12 hours ago, s0600204 said:

At the moment there's no point in moving the blacksmith to the first phase as none of the techs can be researched until the second.

It is so incredibly trivial to change this that I'll just chalk it up to a design choice, which is fine. :)

• Like 1