Feature Request : Idol workers and soldiers flag (notification)

Cn.369

In "Age of Mythology", there was a feature, a flag on corner of the screen, that notified you when a worker is idol and not doing anything.

It was a very well needed feature, specially when you assign lots of units to gather some finite resources, and it finishes.

While playing 0AD, I faced large groups of idol workers many times.

also, another flag was used in AoM, that showed idol soldiers, which is a great addition to 0AD as well. considering some soldiers can be used as builders and workers too. 

I don't know whether I'm posting in the right place, a Feature request and voting section (for choosing the best ideas) is very welcome. (Perhaps somewhere inside the application ?)

I just started using this game, really enjoying it, thanks to all. 

• Like 1

Another thing that I found missing, was that when I select a group of soldiers, it is very useful if their color changes on the map, so I can have a glimpse on where they are on the map.

And I'd like to have the ability to select different building (barracks for example) and group them together (as in ctrl+Num) for easy access and unit training.

Some bugs i faced : 

And the option to add units to predefined groups via Shift+Num(1,2,...) doesn't always work.

And some bugs of units getting stuck in the middle of buildings, and trees and like that.

Edited by Cn.369

there already is a idle worker "flag", in the right-bottom corner of the minimap there is a button selecting an idle worker. when the button is greyed out there are no idlers, when it is coloured there are idlers.

When selecting units, there is a selection ring around the footprint of the unit.

When selecting differnt types of entities simply use shift click on the wanted entities and then ctrl + click to make it a group.

Using shift +num is selecting the currently selected units and the specified group, but does NOT add the currently selected units to the group. One should use ctlr+shift in order to do that.

sometimes big units like elephants and rams get stuck in a forest due to a short pathfinder bug (one can get those out by ordering very small movements out of the forest), further formations are mostly bugged and indeed get stuck often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...