Regarding the Cinema function of the Atlas Map Editor

The Great Caesar

8 hours ago, The Great Caesar said:

Are there any existing guides to the Cinema function of the Atlas Editor?

There is a corresponding page in the Atlas Manual on the wiki: Cinematics Tab , which is a nice starting point: read it, try to modify / view paths on the "Cinema Demo" map shipped with the game (Alpha 22), and feel free to ask any remaining questions here :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fcxSanya said:

There is a corresponding page in the Atlas Manual on the wiki: Cinematics Tab , which is a nice starting point: read it, try to modify / view paths on the "Cinema Demo" map shipped with the game (Alpha 22), and feel free to ask any remaining questions here :)

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for, and if I do have any questions I'll be sure to ask them here again.

Many thanks,

-TheGreatCaesar

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Great Caesar said:

@fcxSanya

Me again. I'm having trouble creating another node using the insert key, is there a way for me to perhaps remap that option on my keyboard? Also, regarding the code, where do I copy-paste it to?

Thanks,

-TheGreatCaesar

Currently we don't support remap for the Atlas. So if you want to change a key, you need to download sources and build the game with Atlas. About if you may build, it's in the source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/Handlers/CinemaHandler.cpp.

Just now, vladislavbelov said:

Currently we don't support remap for the Atlas. So if you want to change a key, you need to download sources and build the game with Atlas. About if you may build, it's in the source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/Handlers/CinemaHandler.cpp.

I figured out why pressing insert didn't work, I needed to press fn + insert, not just insert. And thanks for the Camera Handler.ccp directory, my little test is turning out decent (at least the path looks alright, I still need to actually test it)

-TheGreatCaesar

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Great Caesar said:

Also, regarding the code, where do I copy-paste it to?

You have to create <mapname>.js file manually, and specify it (along with TriggerHelper.js) in the map xml. See example in Cinema_Demo.js and Cinema_Demo.xml (lines 105-108). If you need more information about triggers, it's available on this wiki page: Triggers .

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this thread. I like the cinema function very much and started playing with it around. :)

For summary:

How to make paths in atlas editor, see..

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual_Cinematics_Tab#no1

Red points are target nodes, green points are (viewer) position nodes. Delta time can be manipulated later in trigger.

Adding single nodes in editor works fine with fn+insert, next node will be added to last selected node (possibility to add more nodes between existing nodes).

Tip: move nodes only on ground (x-y, red/blue axis) for to find right place, then you can modify height (z, green axis). Sometimes it's too hard to adjust it by eye with all axis at same time (x-y-z).

Now it needs an script editor.

As fcxSanya wrote, for cinema trigger create manually mapname.js . It has to be integrated in mapname.xml . The xml-file can be found where you save your files, for example 0ad_mods_user_maps_ ... (scenarios/skirmish) .

Examples: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/maps/scenarios/Cinema_Demo.js and https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/maps/scenarios/Cinema_Demo.xml . For to learn about triggers: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Triggers .

Ah, very important, don't forget to add the comma one line above where you add trigger content in xml-file... :blush:

Start only with few nodes, for to understand how everything works.

• Like 2