===[TASK]=== Kushite Units, Unit Textures, and Unit Props

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Drool... They already look so badass! How good are they going to look when finished?? Can't wait :) 

The Kandake could have the patern of Horus' wings embracing her skirt, to finish it off, like in the reliefs.

I'm really appreciating the details, by the way, like the bronze quiver, the ankh necklace, the pattern on the diagonal sash, the armbands and bracelets... Really nice stuff!

Just noticed the sandals :LOL: Really good!

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sundiata said:

The Kandake could have the patern of Horus' wings embracing her skirt, to finish it off, like in the reliefs.

I would love to do this, but it may need a custom unit mesh with a new UV map. I'll show you what I mean.

Here is the current texture conforming to the current mesh and its uv map. You can see how the top and bottom of the skirt is separated. This makes things very difficult to put intricate patterns and details, or even folds in the texture. Difficult to line up on the model:

kush_hero_1.png.82ab0d01c311362b547a65e956857189.png

I need a new dress mesh with a new uv map that can use a 1x2 texture, like this:

image.thumb.png.035163889a18417bb388a54c07618c63.png

That way I can make an awesome, intricate skirt.

CE_NgGyW8AAQ3ke.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Oh, ok. Don't know anything about meshes :/

Use this freshly sourced reference though, it took me a couple of months to find ;) :

That's Queen Amanitore, but she's the perfect reference for her predecessor, Queen Amanirenas, the ruling queen during the conflict with Rome and prime candidate for Hero status:

59bfc196d3070_ThekingdomofKushkushitereliefcutstonewallcarvingSudanRichardLepsiusaethiopenaethiopien-eexecutingprisonerscaptivesfrontfacadedoorwayentrance.thumb.jpg.e53723245b40c5e71f17bb32b4a7a5c0.jpg

Oh, and the sandals look great, but the triangle representing the tassel should be the other way around (broad side towards the toes). It's all in the details :P 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@wackyserious, well, today is a good day :) Nice... 

But I still have some remarks:

• Please could you let the shoulder straps narrow towards the shoulder 
  • The fabric wrapped around the torso should reach no more than 2 cm or so above the nipples. It's to high in your variation

5a625053d810b_Kushcorseletsuggestion.thumb.jpg.0ed5e22b1fe7514a1df725876895050e.jpg

Making a "plain" variation (no bands) would be nice to have as well.

Edited by Sundiata

@wackyserious Man... That looks so nice... Their champion armour is finally here :) 

• I'd suggest narrowing the leather straps to the top and bottom of the scales, to leave a little more space for the scales themselves.
  • I'd really like to see at least 1 more row of scales, even if it means scaling down the current ones a little bit to make it fit

Other than that, fantastic!