===[TASK]=== Kushite Units, Unit Textures, and Unit Props

wowgetoffyourcellphone

20 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Thoughts?

I saw something similar in the chariot mural depiction of the Kushites which you have posted.

I like it. Those chariot murals were New Kingdom Egyptian (in Kush) though, but fabrics don't survive well, and coloured reliefs from Kush are extremely rare (Sudan is in the rain-belt, so it all just melts away after a while), So Egyptian colour references are fair-game in my opinion (can't think of anything better actually).

2 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yes, its planned have a elephant with different actors (garrisoned in the tower) . but is an featured not full implemented. similar to wall units.

Those elephant animations in general would be useful for every faction with elephants, by the way...

• Like 1

@wackyserious Try to use this as your main reference for horses. Especially where those decorative bands are located around the neck, across it's chest, across the sides and back of the horse. For tiers, you can play around with the material of the bands (leather, bronze, silver), and the amount and shape (solid band, row of discs, row of rectangular plates). 

5a70f6ddab62a_HorsesfromBallana.thumb.jpg.408ca149490c857091da96caa0100c53.jpg

Edited by Sundiata

3 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

@wackyserious Try to use this as your main reference for horses. Especially where those decorative bands are located around the neck, across it's chest, across the sides and back of the horse. For tiers, you can play around with the material of the bands (leather, bronze, silver), and the amount. 

5a70f6ddab62a_HorsesfromBallana.thumb.jpg.408ca149490c857091da96caa0100c53.jpg

I believe Alexandermb and the others wants such details as props since adding them in the horse texture is quite a messy process. I'm thinking of sprawling a rectangular mesh around the neck and letting alpha meshes or what you call it do the job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

@Alexandermb do you think you can come up with something for the horses, like in the above picture? Props for decorative bands around the neck, chest, sides and back of the horse.. Relatively tight fitting..

for now its better on texture, adding as a prop will mean it will clip or another solution could be export another horse mesh with neck prop point (similar to head) and see how behaves with the animations, same as the chest/side decorations, could be texture or could be added similar to the horse armors enrique did using the same skeleton and variants.

5 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

That texture looks unpleasant with units, look weird, what you think @wackyserious

The design is tentative. Yeah, it casts a high level of distraction but those are based on Egyptian reliefs depicting the Kushites.

@Sundiata You can look at the horse textures in the public mod to have an idea on the layout. cavalry horse textures are also there.

• Like 2