===[TASK]=== Kushite Units, Unit Textures, and Unit Props

wowgetoffyourcellphone

1 hour ago, wackyserious said:

How about these? I created an actor file that uses in-game textures, would these do?

Cool, but please, I beg you, remove the zebra hides (black and white shields). If you want something exotic, giraffe-hide is actually ok. Giraffes lived in Kush, and were hunted and exported. They sometimes wore the fur, like leopard pelt. Also, attach it to the shoulders please :) (both hands free to hold the pike when attacking)

Here are giraffe hide textures for round shields (public domain: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=39132&picture=giraffe & http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=231351&picture=giraffe-skin)

5a64dc5dcfe8a_giraffehideshieldtexturea.png.10efd26e079ab2664697b543d4d50e3f.png

5a64d6d97a984_giraffeshieldtexture4.png.7cd8117686a205b4adaf059431f8f9f2.png

5a64d8133d265_giraffeshieldtexture6.png.0677ed59129cdbef3c57e3f147f2a3c4.png

Edited by Sundiata

1 hour ago, wackyserious said:

@Sundiata How about these? I created an actor file that uses in-game textures, would these do?

@stanislas69 Should I add this to the mod?

5a64c685f0b97_012218-MeroiticPikemen.thumb.jpg.f1177b728fc5eff732660eab297c2335.jpg

If Sundiata thinks they are accurate you can commit them ;)

26 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Oh, and avoid a shield-boss for the small round shield.. 

Great work though!!! From everybody!!! Art Development is on fire! 

What should the back of the shield look like ?

2 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

It could just be a wooden frame. I'm not sure about this (whatever you think is best). So you're removing the zebra texture? No zebras in Kush...

Yeah sure. So this time it will be "sewed" on the back (There won't be a frame around it) right ?

Just to make sure we are on the same page, we are not talking about the shoulder shields, but the ones @wackyserious displayed above right ?

Just now, stanislas69 said:

Yeah sure. So this time it will be "sewed" on the back (There won't be a frame around it) right ?

Yes, sounds good!

Just now, stanislas69 said:

Just to make sure we are on the same page, we are not talking about the shoulder shields, but the ones @wackyserious displayed above right ?

I thought those shields were the shoulder shields, just not attached to the shoulder? All pikemen should have their shields attached to the shoulder, even the elite rank Egyptian style cow-hide shields should be attached to the shoulder... I think it would be best if all of the small round shoulder shields would use the giraffe texture or cow hide texture.

4 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

@stanislas69 Those were supposed to be the shoulder shields, I will not be uploading it, a new shoulder shield should be made. Would this cause a problem regarding prop points?

I can upload it, if you want it as a placeholder. I will just mark the actor file as a placeholder by adding a suffix _placeholder to it.

New unit meshes have armpad prop points, so I guess we can rely on that and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Sundiata said:

@stanislas69 & @wackyserious

Here's some giraffe textures for the Egyptian style shields for the top tier pikeman. I'm thinking we can mix the cow hide and giraffe hide variants. Maybe the top tier pikeman could use an Egyptian style shield without shield-boss. 

Those egyptian shield will have to be smaller and need a different mesh right ?