New forum layout lacks contrast

GunChleoc

3 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@feneur Can you do something ? :)

Most likely, it just doesn't seem to be all that urgent as you still can use the forum without easily reading the bread crumb links (+ I have been busy), so I have been postponing it. I should hopefully be able to look into this, and other things, during the next couple of days though.

I am a bit uncertain whether or not there might be something that causes things to be different for different people. The breadcrumbs are gray to me, but they are mentioned to be pastel? Maybe it's because they are all marked as visited for me :unsure:

The text on the Create New Topic button on an existing topic is not high contrast no, but the one in a forum is easy to see, so again, nice to improve, but not urgent.

Thanks for agreeing to look into this :)

I call anything that's almost white pastels, be it grey or not. I have a friend who can't access GitHub at all due to modern web design, because he can't see anything. So, it's one of my pet peeves ;)

A good tool to see if you have any contrast is to take a screenshot and convert it to greyscale. There is also a website that you can run things through, but the link is non my other computer, so I'll have to dig it up there.

I am attaching some with everything that's hard to see or completely invisible to people with a slight vision impairment. Blue is for backgrounds that are almost indistinguishable from their backgrounds, e.g. it's hard to see that the tabs on top are tabs.

0AD_1.png

0AD_2.png

I forgot to underline the SUBFORUMS header on this one:

0AD_3.png

Edited by GunChleoc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is easy for administrators to change all the colors of every element of the forums theme. Unfortunately I am no Web designer and I have very little clue on visual accessibility matters.

What I can offer is, if there is an element where you think a specific color would be better, post here with the HTML code of the color and I'll make the change right away. You can also PM me if you think you are going to spam the topic too much ;)

I did try the other day to change things a bit, but I was unable to find the place for some of the link text, and the color of the number in the "speech bubble" in the image below is the same as is used in the title of the area, among other things, so it's hard to find a solution that works in all cases. So I had to revert some changes I made.

bubbles.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...