All Relics Captured Message

Can you check the fix in that ticket, specifically whether the change "Capture The Relic" to "Capture the Relic" and "Learn To Play" -> "Learn to Play" is correct too?

The former was proposed for the release announcement, so it should be true for the game too I suppose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elexis said:

Can you check the fix in that ticket, specifically whether the change "Capture The Relic" to "Capture the Relic" and "Learn To Play" -> "Learn to Play" is correct too?

The former was proposed for the release announcement, so it should be true for the game too I suppose.

Not sure exactly what you mean. Is there another ticket that refers to the capitalization? Are you asking if it's already been fixed or for a rule reference?

The game current still uses the capital letters for "The" and "To" in those cases so I don't think it's been updated yet. (I'm on the Git version so I am sometimes a little behind.) Generally unimportant words are not capitalized unless they are first. Here's a reference I found in case that's what you wanted:

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/42/

Don’t capitalize short prepositions or articles (the, an, of, etc.) if they aren’t the first word of the title.

• The best Shakespeare play, I think, is Romeo and Juliet.
  • I’m tired today because I stayed up all night watching The Office.
  • My favorite book is definitely The Catcher in the Rye.

[Edit]

I noticed that only four wonder messages can show at at time. (Probably all middle messages are affected.) The top message out of the four doesn't quite fit and its top portion is trimmed off. My screen is in windowed mode so it's a little less than 1080 when title bar and taskbar are taken into account. I thought the minimum resolution was still 768 though.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin

10 hours ago, elexis said:

Can you check the fix in that ticket

7 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

Not sure exactly what you mean. Is there another ticket that refers to the capitalization? Are you asking if it's already been fixed or for a rule reference?

No other ticket, just asking for a review of the patch attached in the ticket you posted.

It fixes the "will have won" and the capitalization (trying to fix more than one string issue while at it).

(Didn't agree with the other transifex complaints I checked, so only fixed the label size of a chat window string besides that in the same patch. Also sets the a23 name Ken Wood as proposed by Itms).

> The game current still uses the capital letters for "The" and "To" in those cases so I don't think it's been updated yet. (I'm on the Git version so I am sometimes a little behind.) Generally unimportant words are not capitalized unless they are first. Here's a reference I found in case that's what you wanted: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/1/42/

So "Learn To Play" -> "Learn to Play" in the main menu and "Capture the Relic" as a victory condition item  is correct? @leper  wouldn't say it's inconsistent capitalization?

screenshot0108.png

> I noticed that only four wonder messages can show at at time. top portion is trimmed off.

Yep, that's a reported bug. If one tries to place a house without having the resources for it while the game is lagging, this panel can be spammed too. I guess it's to not consume too much screenspace. Since the wonder / relic messages are sorted by priority, we don't miss much. One line being cut off should be fixed though (which can be done by any non-lazy newcomer, hence it's flagged as simple).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, elexis said:

No other ticket, just asking for a review of the patch attached in the ticket you posted.

OK, that makes sense. The patch looks good. Didn't check the size changes, just the words though.

8 hours ago, elexis said:

So "Learn To Play" -> "Learn to Play" in the main menu and "Capture the Relic" as a victory condition item  is correct? @leper  wouldn't say it's inconsistent capitalization?

I believe that is correct. (I checked a few different sources. Some gave even more specific title rules than the source I linked.) It's certainly not the only inconsistent grammar rule. In programming, "title case" means that the first letter of each word is always capitalized, but in real titles there are some common small words that are not capitalized.

So "Learn To Play" -> "Learn to Play" in the main menu and "Capture the Relic" as a victory condition item is correct? @leper wouldn't say it's inconsistent capitalization?

That's just proper application of title case, and it seems most software products do use it for things similar to what we use those buttons for. If you want inconsistencies pointed out you might want to look at "Report a Bug" and "Translate the game" in that last image of yours.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Checked all other GUI pages.

The options page is also inconsistent:

screenshot0084.png

• "Graphics quality" ->  "Shader Effects" (less ambiguous, accepted by Vladislav)
  • "Activate water effects" -> "Water Effects"
  • "FPS throttling in menus" -> "FPS Throttling in Menus"

For the gamesetup, we could have "Start Game!" instead of "Start game!" while keeping "I'm ready!" and "I'm not ready!".

For the multiplayer join-by-ip dialog, "Player name:" -> "Player Name:" as that has the label "Server Hostname or IP:" and "Server Port:" in the label below that.

Other than that, replay menu, savegame selection screen, mod selection, welcome page, manual, lobby, prelobby are all using title case consistently

</canofworms>

Gimme some like button, then I'll commit it (or complain loudly).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, elexis said:

The options page is also inconsistent:

We also have "General" without "Settings", but "Sound Settings" etc. This should be consistent as well - having "General Settings" would be easiest for translators, dropping the "Settings" would be less to read for the user. If some context info is provided for translators, dropping the "Settings" bits will be fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

I noticed that if you capture additional wonders, they are all listed in the wonder countdown timer message. Ideally, it would only show the oldest wonder message per player. When a player's oldest wonder is destroyed or captured, then the player's next oldest wonder should appear in the message.

double_wonder_message.png.64e3dd15dd8057c7c3dd40a01367f34c.png

For this example, it would mean that the players have only 3 minutes to prepare for the next enemy.

Edit: Another example: Often players build a wonder up to 99% just to add the last 1% when someone else finished the wonder. This way they are not the first one targetted and minimize the time they are focused. This trick can be repeated by multiple players simultaneously. Reminds me of some really good games when the Ambush map was new!

Checked every string in the GUI now that we try to use title case consistently.

Spoiler

cat credits/texts/* options/options.json | grep "label\|tooltip\Title" | sort > /tmp/json

grep -R '<translatableAttribute' > /tmp/xml

aiconfig/aiconfig.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">AI Configuration</translatableAttribute>
aiconfig/aiconfig.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">AI Player:</translatableAttribute>
aiconfig/aiconfig.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">AI Difficulty:</translatableAttribute>
aiconfig/aiconfig.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
aiconfig/aiconfig.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">OK</translatableAttribute>
credits/credits.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">0 A.D. Credits</translatableAttribute>
credits/credits.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
manual/manual.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Information</translatableAttribute>
manual/manual.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
manual/manual.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">View Online</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Match Setup</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Loading</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Loading map data. Please wait...</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Player Name</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Color</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Player Placement</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Civilization</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">View civilization info</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Reset any civilizations that have been selected to the default (random)</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Team</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Reset all teams to the default.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Pick a color.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Select player.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Configure AI settings.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Select player's civilization.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Select player's team.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Show this message in the future</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Send</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cheats enabled.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Back</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">More Options</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">See more game options</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">More Options</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">OK</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup/gamesetup.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Close more game options window</translatableAttribute>
civinfo/civinfo.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Civilizations</translatableAttribute>
civinfo/civinfo.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Civilization Selection</translatableAttribute>
civinfo/civinfo.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Enable Feedback</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Technical Details</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Disable Feedback</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Technical Details</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Manual</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Open the 0 A.D. Game Manual.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Tutorial</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Start the economic tutorial.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Structure Tree</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">View the structure tree of civilizations featured in 0 A.D.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">History</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Learn about the many civilizations featured in 0 A.D.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Matches</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click here to start a new single player game.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Campaigns</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Relive history through historical military campaigns. \[NOT YET IMPLEMENTED]</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Load Game</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click here to load a saved game.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption" comment="Join a game by specifying the host's IP address.">Join Game</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Joining an existing multiplayer game.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Host Game</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Host a multiplayer game.\n\nRequires UDP port 20595 to be open.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Game Lobby</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Launch the multiplayer lobby.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Options</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Adjust game settings.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Language</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Choose the language of the game.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Replays</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Playback previous games.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Scenario Editor</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Open the Atlas Scenario Editor in a new window. You can run this more reliably by starting the game with the command-line argument "-editor".</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Welcome Screen</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Show the Welcome Screen. Useful if you hid it by mistake.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Mod Selection</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Select mods to use.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Learn to Play</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Learn how to play, start the tutorial, discover the technology trees, and the history behind the civilizations</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Single Player</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Challenge the computer player to a single player match.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Multiplayer</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Fight against one or more human players in a multiplayer game.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Tools & Options</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Game options and scenario design tools.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Exit</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Exits the game.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Website</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click to open play0ad.com in your web browser.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Chat</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click to open the 0 A.D. IRC chat in your browser. (#0ad on webchat.quakenet.org)</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Report a Bug</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click to visit 0 A.D. Trac to report a bug, crash, or error.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Translate the Game</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click to open the 0 A.D. translate page in your browser.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Credits</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click to see the 0 A.D. credits.</translatableAttribute>
pregame/mainmenu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">WILDFIRE GAMES</translatableAttribute>
session/session.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Exit</translatableAttribute>
session/session.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Game Paused</translatableAttribute>
session/session.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Click to Resume Game</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_right/queue_panel.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Production queue</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/button_menu.xml:    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Menu</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/label.xml:    <translatableAttribute id="caption">ALPHA XXIII : Ken Wood</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/button_game_speed.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Game speed</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/button_game_speed.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Choose game speed</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/button_trade.xml:    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Barter & Trade</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/button_objectives.xml:    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Objectives</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel/button_diplomacy.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Diplomacy</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="chat input">Filter:</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip" context="chat input">Filter the chat history.</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="chat input">To:</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip" context="chat input">Select chat addressee.</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="chat input">Text:</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="chat">History</translatableAttribute>
session/chat_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Send</translatableAttribute>
session/objectives_window.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Objectives</translatableAttribute>
session/objectives_window.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Diplomacy</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Name</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Civilization</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Team</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Theirs</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">A</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Ally</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">N</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Neutral</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">E</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Enemy</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Tribute</translatableAttribute>
session/diplomacy_window.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Barter & Trade Goods</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Barter</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Sell:</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Buy:</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">No Markets Available</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Trade</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Goods:</translatableAttribute>
session/trade_window.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Manual</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Chat</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Save</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Summary</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Options</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Pause</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Resign</translatableAttribute>
session/menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Exit</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/multiple_details_area.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Hitpoints</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/multiple_details_area.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Capture points</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/single_details_area.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Health:</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/single_details_area.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Capture points:</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/single_details_area.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Attack and Armor</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/single_details_area.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Experience</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_middle/single_details_area.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Rank</translatableAttribute>
session/session_objects/selection_group_icons.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Click to select grouped units, double-click to focus the grouped units and right-click to disband the group.</translatableAttribute>
session/selection_panels_left/garrison_panel.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Hitpoints</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Control all units</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Change perspective</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Display selection state</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Pathfinder overlay</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Obstruction overlay</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Unit motion overlay</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Range overlay</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Bounding box overlay</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Restrict camera</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Reveal map</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Enable time warp</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Promote selected units</translatableAttribute>
session/developer_overlay.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Hierarchical pathfinder overlay</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip" context="observer mode">Follow Player</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="observer mode">Follow Player</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Choose player to view</translatableAttribute>
session/top_panel.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Observer Mode</translatableAttribute>
session/dialogs/yes_no.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Question</translatableAttribute>
session/dialogs/yes_no.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Yes or no?</translatableAttribute>
session/dialogs/yes_no.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Yes</translatableAttribute>
session/dialogs/yes_no.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">No</translatableAttribute>
session/tutorial_panel.xml:        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Ready</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Language</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Language:</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption" comment="A locale is a set of
locale/locale.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Advanced</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Accept</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Language</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Language:</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Country:</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Script:</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Optional four-letter script code part following the language code (as listed in ISO 15924)</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Variant (unused):</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Not implemented yet.</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Keywords (unused):</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Not implemented yet.</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Resulting locale:</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Dictionary files used:</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Auto detect</translatableAttribute>
locale/locale_advanced.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Accept</translatableAttribute>
reference/viewer/viewer.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
reference/structree/structree.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Structure Tree</translatableAttribute>
reference/structree/structree.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Civilization:</translatableAttribute>
reference/structree/structree.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Trainer Units</translatableAttribute>
reference/structree/structree.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Game Options</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">General</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Graphics Settings</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Sound Settings</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Lobby Settings</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Chat Notification Settings</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Reset</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Resets user settings to their game default</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Revert</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Reverts to previous saved settings</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Save</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Saves changes</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Close</translatableAttribute>
options/options.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Unsaved changes affect this session only</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Multiplayer Lobby</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Status</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Name</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Rating</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Current Rank:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Highest Rating:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Total Games:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Wins:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Losses:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Win Rate:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Leaderboard</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">User Profile Lookup</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Map Type:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Map Size:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption" comment="Join the game currently selected in the list.">Join Game</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Host Game</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Main Menu</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Name</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Map Name</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="map">Size</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="map">Type</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Players</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Rating</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Show only open games</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Leaderboard</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading">Rank</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Back</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Update</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">User Profile Lookup</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Enter username:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">View Profile</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Current Rank:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Highest Rating:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Total Games:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Wins:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Losses:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Win Rate:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Please enter a player name.</translatableAttribute>
lobby/lobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Back</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Multiplayer Lobby</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Create a new account</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Login to an existing account</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Connect to the game lobby</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Login:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Password:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Registration</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Login:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Password:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Password again:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Terms of Service</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Terms of Use</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">I have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Terms of Use:</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
lobby/prelobby.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Connect</translatableAttribute>
splashscreen/splashscreen.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Welcome!</translatableAttribute>
splashscreen/splashscreen.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Show this message in the future</translatableAttribute>
splashscreen/splashscreen.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Known Issues (web)</translatableAttribute>
splashscreen/splashscreen.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">OK</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Multiplayer</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Joining an existing game.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Player Name:</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Server Hostname or IP:</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Server Port:</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Leave blank to use the default port.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Set up your server to host.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Player Name:</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Server Name:</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Server Port:</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Leave blank to use the default port.</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Use STUN to work around firewalls</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Continue</translatableAttribute>
gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Load Game</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Date / Time</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Map Type</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Map Name</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Description</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">No saved games found.</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Delete</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Load</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Filter compatible saved games</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Players:</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Played time:</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Map Type:</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Map Size:</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/load.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Victory:</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/save.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Save Game</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/save.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Description:</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/save.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Cancel</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/save.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Delete</translatableAttribute>
savedgames/save.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Save</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Replay Games</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Date / Time</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Players</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Map Name</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Size</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Population</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="heading" context="replay">Duration</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Filter compatible replays</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Map Type:</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Map Size:</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption">Victory:</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Spoiler</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Main Menu</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Delete</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Reload Cache</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="tooltip">Rebuild the replay cache from scratch. Potentially slow!</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Summary</translatableAttribute>
replaymenu/replay_menu.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Start Replay</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Summary</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Score</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Buildings</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Units</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Resources</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Market</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Miscellaneous</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                <translatableAttribute id="caption">Charts</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                    <translatableAttribute id="caption">Player name</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="summary chart">Category:</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip" context="summary chart">Category</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="summary chart">Value:</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip" context="summary chart">Value</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="caption" context="summary chart">Type:</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:                        <translatableAttribute id="tooltip" context="summary chart">Type</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Replay</translatableAttribute>
summary/summary.xml:            <translatableAttribute id="caption">Continue</translatableAttribute>
            "label": "Action Volume",
            "label": "Ambient Volume",
            "label": "Assign Players",
            "label": "Attack",
            "label": "Aura Range Visualization",
            "label": "Background Pause",
            "label": "Barter",
            "label": "Batch Training Size",
            "label": "Ceasefire Time Overlay",
            "label": "Chat Backlog",
            "label": "Chat Timestamp",
            "label": "Detailed Tooltips",
            "label": "Enable Game Setting Tips",
            "label": "Enable Welcome Screen",
            "label": "FPS Overlay",
            "label": "FPS Throttling in Games",
            "label": "FPS Throttling in Menus",
            "label": "Game Rating Column",
            "label": "Gametime Overlay",
            "label": "Heal Range Visualization",
            "label": "HQ Water Effects",
            "label": "Late Observer Joins",
            "label": "Master Volume",
            "label": "Music Volume",
            "label": "Network Warnings",
            "label": "Nick Notification",
            "label": "Observer Limit",
            "label": "Particles",
            "label": "Persist Match Settings",
            "label": "Phase",
            "label": "Playername (Multiplayer)",
            "label": "Playername (Single Player)",
            "label": "Post Processing",
            "label": "Prefer GLSL",
            "label": "Realtime Overlay",
            "label": "Real Water Depth",
            "label": "Shader Effects",
            "label": "Shadow Filtering",
            "label": "Shadows",
            "label": "Shadows on Water",
            "label": "Show Sky",
            "label": "Smooth LOS",
            "label": "Tribute",
            "label": "UI Volume",
            "label": "Unit Silhouettes",
            "label": "VSync",
            "label": "Water Effects",
            "label": "Water Reflections",
            "label": "Water Refraction",
            "label": "Windowed Mode",
                    { "value": "all", "label": "All displayed" }
                    { "value": "buddies", "label": "Buddies" },
                    { "value": "buddies", "label": "Buddies" },
                    { "value": "completed", "label": "Completed" },
                    { "value": "disabled", "label": "Disabled" }
                    { "value": "disabled", "label": "Disabled" }
                    { "value": "everyone", "label": "Everyone" },
                    { "value": "everyone", "label": "Everyone" },
                    { "value": "none", "label": "Disable" },

The new option categories proposed in D797 don't intersect with these stringchanges.

The prelobby has buttons that contain sentences that don't end with periods. Exception ot hte title case rule works for me for now.

The Developer overlay consistently doesn'tuse title case and don't see a reason to change that.

That ingame "Game Speed" button was wrong.

There is a "Player name" label in the summary screen, but that doesn't look like it wants to use title case. Strings like "Stone exchanged" follow and it seems more natural this way to me. If you disagree, I can change this string later too.

The multiple selection details capture bar had shown "Capture points: foo". "Hitpoints" and "Capture points" were not used, so deleted.

The chat window label still didn't pass the long-strings test. So just going to add the auto-resizing code later.

On 8/14/2017 at 11:37 AM, GunChleoc said:

We also have "General" without "Settings", but "Sound Settings" etc. This should be consistent as well - having "General Settings" would be easiest for translators, dropping the "Settings" would be less to read for the user. If some context info is provided for translators, dropping the "Settings" bits will be fine.

The option categories will be changed, then the labels will be changed in that way as well. I'll keep that as a review for then :P

The string fixes and the  Ken Wood release name were committed in revision 20000.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, elexis said:

There is a "Player name" label in the summary screen, but that doesn't look like it wants to use title case. Strings like "Stone exchanged" follow and it seems more natural this way to me. If you disagree, I can change this string later too.

While most labels should probably use title case, it's OK if some things are not title case if it is more natural to not use title case. It depends on the circumstance and the nature of the label. The important thing is consistency; we don't want title case on one label and not have it on an equivalent label right next to it.

[edit]

As for that particular example, it should probably use title case, but I don't have a strong opinion and it's fine with me if you leave it as is.

Thanks for working on this.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hannibal_Barca said:

I find the "will have won" wording more appropriate

It conveys the 'ifiness' of the entire scheme better than a plain "will win"

"Will have won" is in future perfect tense which is slightly different than the regular future tense.

Future perfect tense implies that the event will occur by a certain time, not necessarily exactly at the time mentioned.

Future tense implies that the event will occur at that time.

So in our case, the future perfect tense "will have won" means that victory will occur by the time the timer finishes, whereas the future tense "will win" implies that victory will occur when the timer finishes.

• Like 2

Technically, victory could occur before the timer runs out if the player with the wonder manages to defeat all of the other players first (destroys all opponents units, structures, etc.), but I don't think the message should reflect that as that's just too confusing. "Will win" is probably the best way to handle it as the wonder message should really focus on the wonder timer and nothing else. This applies to any victory type that has a timer condition.

• Like 1