Range visualization

Nescio

Today I updated 0AD to version Alpha 22 Venustas. I really appreciate the aura and healing range visualizations, many thanks for implementing this!

It would be great if the following range visualizations could also be added in a next version:

• Effective maximum and minimum attack range visualization for structures, ships, siege weapons, and possibly also other units
  • Building exclusion range visualizations (e.g. 60m for towers, 80m for fortresses, etc)

14 minutes ago, Imarok said:

sounds nice, but could result in too much drawn circles

Is it possible to only display the range in certain situations? (E.g. when a tower is selected or when you are placing a foundation.) If so I doubt it would add many circles at the same time, but I could be wrong =)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Imarok said:

1. Is planned already

2. sounds nice, but could result in too much drawn circles

1.Great, I'm looking forward to it!

2. Construction exclusion circles are only to be displayed when relevant, obviously; e.g. 60m circles around towers only when you've selected to construct a tower and are looking for a suitable location, 80m circles around fortresses only when you've selected to construct a fortress, etc.

Many thanks for all your quick replies!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The circles look so ugly I disabled them in my mod. I'd wish they were simply a part of the TAB feature.

I agree with that, must be Tab feature, mostly of new comers even don't touch options.

and option panel is a mess, can be nice separate each set of options.