Freezes in Wayland

rugk

v0.22

Sometime after starting a single- or multiplayer game 0ad just freeze (black screen, sometimes I can still move the mouse pointer). I think this did not happen with previous releases (v0.21), but I am not that sure.
In any case it seems to happen more frequently in Wayland (or, as you likely use X.org, with xwayland). So using X.org as a desktop system prevents these freezes. It seems not to freeze.

Linux/Fedora 26 (Linux 4.11.11-300.fc26.x86_64) 0ad 0.0.22-1.fc26

nouveau Gallium 0.4 on NVD9
3.0 Mesa 17.1.5; OpenGL 3.0 Mesa 17.1.5

BTW: Generally Wayland-compatibility would be nice.

3 hours ago, rugk said:

Sometime after starting a single- or multiplayer game 0ad just freeze

Does it happen immediately after the "Start Game" button, or on loading, or after loading? Most possible it's the driver/SDL/GL functions pointers problem, because we don't use Xorg in the direct way, but it could be some dependencies. Do you have any logs in this (freeze) time?

Edited by vladislavbelov
  • Like 1

Yeah, I also think it is some driver issue… Had similar issues with another application (although a completely different area), see this issue.

I could reproduce the issue generating a random game against KI (but I think the settings do not matter, also happened in multiplayer in the past). This time I could get past the loading screen and it even showed me the initial view on the CC, Music kept playing, but I could not move my mouse and also no keyboard input seems to be considered anymore.
Logs attached. (Note that one successful game against KI offline is included, incl. win) But the logs seem to be useless, interestinglog was even empty.

freeze.tar.xz

• Like 1