===[COMMITTED]=== Spartan Structures

LordGood

11 hours ago, LordGood said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Rooftiles are all grainy and still has this odd split. the 3D-ness is restored, though

screenshot0154.png

Part of the problem is that the texture itself has a lot contrasty areas and grain. Another problem is the zoom, the player isn't gonna see it this way generally. And another problem is that the parallax is quite extreme and stretches the texture. Lastly, you've also UV mapped the rooftiles on a lot of these buildings to be very large compared to the other Greek buildings. The other Greek buildings UV mapped them smaller so that they look higher res and less stretchy.

In this shot you see the difference in the mapping and the size difference of the tiles. Perhaps some adjustments to the UV mapping can help. I also reduced the contrast of the parallax alpha layer so that it doesn't stretch the diffuse map so much, to this:

image.png.76855641f6ec1bfd8446d9cb77709ccd.png

screenshot1303.thumb.png.b8f7fa3c9a431002e171746f0736e0a2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LordGood said:

That information was out before I even uploaded the screenshots of the theater in this very thread.

I know. I'm not in any rush to fix it either, but it's on the todo list. 

On an other note, I don't think the theater should look like one particular famous theater but more like a generic spartan theater (it's not a wonder).

Just now, fatherbushido said:

(Offtopic but I really appreciate the stables is a nice idea (in many rts we have a factory for infantry and a factory for vehicles).)

did you want me to make entity templates for them or did you have something planned? I know i don't usually optimize them as well as i could

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:20 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

So you gonna take this responsibility(fun).

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, LordGood said:

I think we need elephant stables and siege workshops for all the civs where applicable tbqh

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, LordGood said:

AAaaaagh- probably

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Do you plan to make archery range, stables, etc. for each civ? Even if not all civs need them, they'd still be good to have for mods or scenarios.

Good job with those builginds, they just look amazing. the rampant plants are a quite neat detail.

Someone already said that, but decoration shields on barracks wall would be really nice  to highlight its military purpose.

Farmstead fundation and visual actor have different shapes resulting in an unpleasing overlapping when built.

spartan-storehouse.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Do you plan to make archery range, stables, etc. for each civ? Even if not all civs need them, they'd still be good to have for mods or scenarios.

That's one thing I liked about AoK over AoE3. I never cared for the combined barracks. Separate buildings slows down some rushing as you can't train all the different types of units until you have built the respective buildings. It also lets you target enemy unit creation more precisely. For example, you can opt to destroy stables first to prevent cavalry creation if your current units are more vulnerable to cavalry. Plus, building variety makes cities look nicer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

That's one thing I liked about AoK over AoE3. I never cared for the combined barracks. Separate buildings slows down some rushing as you can't train all the different types of units until you have built the respective buildings. It also lets you target enemy unit creation more precisely. For example, you can opt to destroy stables first to prevent cavalry creation if your current units are more vulnerable to cavalry. Plus, building variety makes cities look nicer.

Well, most civs in aoe3 (if not all) have separate buildings into barracks, stable and foundry.