===[COMMITTED]=== Spartan Structures

LordGood

Could be nice. :) Maybe consolidation of the current meshes (scaffolds damage variants etc) though some siege engines variations would be nice.

2 minutes ago, av93 said:

This remind me that Macedonians still have a siege workshop placeholder. :rolleyes:

Somebody made an attempt should probably ping him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordGood said:

no, its an archaic site, looks close to a small Roman ampitheater, actually.

Spartan buildings committed, I'm not dancing around with computer failure again lol

Didn't know that you can commit, I thought only Enrique could.

Awesome work LordGood!

All of the buildings look great to me, I just noticed one little thing when testing the new structures. The new civic center building looks better, but I miss the small well in front of it - or any other decorative eye catcher. I did notice that we can find the fountain at the market. But perhaps something other than wood could replace that part? Maybe some water might do the job already? (Perhaps smaller trees should also be chosen to not obstruct the view on the architecture.)

New Spartan CC:

screenshot1167.png

Previous Spartan CC:

screenshot1166.jpg

Athenian and Macedonian CC (notice that fountain is different):

screenshot1168.jpgscreenshot1169.jpg

Thanks for the improvements LordGood. The CC looks much better with the smaller trees and the vases! The model has become something I'd really want to show to others to show what nice progress has occured this release.

I do agree that not all hellenic civic centers need that fountain, but I still wonder what purpose that wood serves? Wouldn't actual water look better?

screenshot1175.png

• Like 1

It's a covered well, blackness is too abrupt, and water would indicate a water table that's insanely high. The general artist's fix for this in the past was to cover it with another structure or make the well too small to look into (likely too small to get water out of too but, artistic license and all that), but I wanted to give Sparta a nice big well to kick Persians into. Also i didn't edit the trees at all, I suppose i could make short tree variants of the cypress actors, but the original cypress actors roll through their variants and give different looks with each CC placement.