Empires mobile an new rts with AoE/0AD aesthetic

Tangling with a classic reboot head to head is a plan to fail, I think you are taking the right steps is running somewhat parallel, even on mobile. AoE DE is pigeonholing itself in windows 10. You can share in its success without competing with it if you plan your release just right.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Tangling with a classic reboot head to head is a plan to fail, I think you are taking the right steps is running somewhat parallel, even on mobile. AoE DE is pigeonholing itself in windows 10. You can share in its success without competing with it if you plan your release just right.

We're planning to differ from AoE and taking more Empire Earth and Total War Elements to the game, such as unit squad like in Total War,  Teritory system like in Empire Earth, ans more.

It will be an amazing thing to have the iconic legendary modeller of 0 AD to helps the project :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ray_ark said:

It will be an amazing thing to have the iconic legendary modeller of 0 AD to helps the project :)

Flattery will get you everywhere, haha

I cant promise anything, I have quite the tasklist already, though i find neolithic architecture in particular quite interesting

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Flattery will get you everywhere, haha

I cant promise anything, I have quite the tasklist already, though i find neolithic architecture in particular quite interesting

yeah it is quite interesting, we're gonna use 2d building though, so it will be pre rendered

2 hours ago, shieldwolf23 said:

Hi @ray_ark ! Welcome, welcome!

I believe you are really on a good track, if ever you go ahead and have TW elements with EE's game play. For me, that is a reason to buy a mobile game! There is definitely a need for RTS gaming in mobile, not Clash of Clans rip-off!

Yeah, were stripping advanced features from AoE, Empire Earth, and Total war also 0 AD to bring the rts to the mobile that feels light but serious

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums ray_ark :hi:

Your project looks awesome and we are happy to have you here! Good luck with the game development, it's a tough work but it's very rewarding :)

Regarding the licenses, you can use 0 A.D. art as long as you credit us and share it with the same license (CC BY-SA). The stuff you find on opengameart can have any license, usually there is no problem, just check carefully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itms said:

Welcome to the forums ray_ark :hi:

Your project looks awesome and we are happy to have you here! Good luck with the game development, it's a tough work but it's very rewarding :)

Regarding the licenses, you can use 0 A.D. art as long as you credit us and share it with the same license (CC BY-SA). The stuff you find on opengameart can have any license, usually there is no problem, just check carefully.

Thanks for the welcome :), i found the 0 AD Textures on OpenGameArt, 0 AD Team is so generous to share their terrain texture there 

Edited by ray_ark