Hyrule Conquest

1 hour ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Another question, down to the last few:

Is there a way to make it so that an attached prop does not rotate with a unit or structure? I have a tower with a ballista on it, with the tower attached as a static decal, but the tower rotates with the ballista to face its target.

I would very much like to see you figure this out, tower mounted siege sounds awesome. I made an attempt with the unicorns in Ponies Ascendant but it never got off the ground.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

See the player.xml file.

I suspect that I make a unit have a limit of 0 and then remove the limit when a specific entity exists?

Though I'm still not seeing where in player.xml you remove the limit when another entity exists. It still seems like all the requirements are based on what tech is researched, not what entity exists.

EDIT: Ah ha, I just noticed the Ptolemy requirement for upping the Juggernaut limit.

EDIT: Ah blast, that's for increasing limits not completely removing them. I'm stumped again.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LordWahu said:

Why wouldn't doing both work?

namely making the limit 0, then increasing it to 500?

That method could work, not sure why I didn't think of that. :rolleyes:

And with that done I think the demo is ready, I should have it out in a day or so. B)

One last thing before I release it though, would anyone be willing to do a bit of scripting to get the Hero selection on startup and displaying only 4 resources at a time to work before I release? I'm just not proficient enough at the moment and am having a hard time understanding the various js files associated creating and displaying menus in game. Neither feature is necessary for this demo (I have heroes just at the Civil Center and their unique units and techs tied to them being trained, and I'm just temporarily replacing Metal with Rupees), but I'd love to have these two features in the first demo as a showcase.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

<...> would anyone be willing to do a bit of scripting to get the Hero selection on startup <...>

I've made an example here: https://github.com/AlexanderOlkhovskiy/0ad-civ-choices-mod

See this commit for the relevant changes only (since I modified unit / civ templates and session.js): https://github.com/AlexanderOlkhovskiy/0ad-civ-choices-mod/commit/2c83b69cf6c55b1535edae3b4ed29909efbb802c

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, fcxSanya said:

I've made an example here: https://github.com/AlexanderOlkhovskiy/0ad-civ-choices-mod

See this commit for the relevant changes only (since I modified unit / civ templates and session.js): https://github.com/AlexanderOlkhovskiy/0ad-civ-choices-mod/commit/2c83b69cf6c55b1535edae3b4ed29909efbb802c

Hey nice. It works! Now... some way to remove the Militia from the UI.

This should be included in the official game/engine. If I can ask for some feature, I would make that this could be done not only in the beginning, but also clicking some tech button in the middle of the game.

It would be useful for choosing alliances in the Carthage mercenary system (so if there are 3 possible allies, and only 2 choices, it should be a system for discarding allies that have been chosen)

• Like 2