Hyrule Conquest

11 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Once there is an easier way for me to use the Season system in 0AD without having to force so many units to promote at the same time that might help. Unfortunately at the moment the promotion system is the only way to have transforming units in 0AD.

I guess it can't be done with techs? and switching the visual actor ?

5 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I guess it can't be done with techs? and switching the visual actor ?

With the Fairies their units have completely different functions in each season, so a visual actor change is not enough. The Great Fairy is a healer with no attack in Spring for instance, and has a fire attack in Summer and cant heal. 

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

5 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

8GB of RAM should be fine, especially since you are playing with the Low Poly patch. It probably is a graphic related problem if disabling particles solves a lot of the issues though. I suspect the Season switching is unrelated to the visuals and might be memory related since so many units are being promoted into different units at the same time. Once there is an easier way for me to use the Season system in 0AD without having to force so many units to promote at the same time that might help. Unfortunately at the moment the promotion system is the only way to have transforming units in 0AD.

btw I really like that sprite of Saria you have as your pfp. ;)

Promote so many units at once... so that's why the game freeze several seconds if Kokiri (when didn't picked Saria) researched Guardian Fairy tech at Fairy Seclude with a bunch of units:o

And the cute Saria picture is generated with a Japanese site creating characters, called "CHARAT CHOCO"  https://charat.me/en/chibi/create/ :D

sd_hc_saria.png.c361bb484195122eb25b3db7

Edited by e5270202

14 hours ago, e5270202 said:

Promote so many units at once... so that's why the game freeze several seconds if Kokiri (when didn't picked Saria) researched Guardian Fairy tech at Fairy Seclude with a bunch of units:o

Yup, that Kokiri tech works in a very similar way to the Fairy Seasons, they both cause units with a certain classlabel to promote into a different unit. In the case of the Kokiri though it's only certain units, with the Fairies every single unit and building promotes at the same time. I can imagine that is probably taxing on the engine when there are hundreds of fairy units and dozens of buildings all trying to promote at the same time. Hopefully a less expensive method of transforming units into new units is incorporated some day.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 3:33 AM, The Undying Nephalim said:

Yup, that Kokiri tech works in a very similar way to the Fairy Seasons, they both cause units with a certain classlabel to promote into a different unit. In the case of the Kokiri though it's only certain units, with the Fairies every single unit and building promotes at the same time. I can imagine that is probably taxing on the engine when there are hundreds of fairy units and dozens of buildings all trying to promote at the same time. Hopefully a less expensive method of transforming units into new units is incorporated some day.

Is there a way to make it gradual, and only promote a smaller number at a time? Seasons rarely change instantly in the real world at least, so it would make sense from that perspective if nothing else =)

On 4/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, feneur said:

Is there a way to make it gradual, and only promote a smaller number at a time? Seasons rarely change instantly in the real world at least, so it would make sense from that perspective if nothing else =)

The Fairies changing the seasons is a pretty large scale magical effect, not exactly natural. That being said, I'd not be opposed to the change being like a shockwave that slowly spreads across the map from the Sundial after it changes the seasons. I have to work with what's in the engine currently and I'm not skilled enough to make my own components.

• Like 1

I've tried Fairies of Tarm several times on Crucible of Hylia these days, and it seems like having too much buildings is the main reason causing freeze?

When I changed season into winter, game freeze even with only 30 units (20 of them are garrisoned in the original Sundial), I have about 25 buildings spreading around the whole scouted map, including three Sundials that won't change season with other buildings:o

The only match that didn't freeze when changing season was the testing one on Gerudo Oasis, only have one of every building and about 40 units...

16 hours ago, e5270202 said:

including three Sundials that won't change season with other buildings:o

This is probably what is actually causing the problem, only one Sundial is a allowed to exist so there's a bug if it's letting you make more than one. Multiple sundials in different seasons are probably causing an infinite loop of unit promotions. :wacko:

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

This is probably what is actually causing the problem, only one Sundial is a allowed to exist so there's a bug if it's letting you make more than one. Multiple sundials in different seasons are probably causing an infinite loop of unit promotions. :wacko:

I think you're right... I've tried Fairies on full revealed Faron Woods with over 50 buildings and over 100 units but didn't built any additional Sundials, and changed seasons through several loops, game will only freeze for about a second and won't totally freeze like the matches having multi Sundials:D

So if you set a limit for Fairies of Tarm to can only have one Sundial, but add a building like Gerudo's Oasis that can generate large territory and without the ability of changing season, will solve this fatal freezing problem?

And I found another bug: the All Four Colors tech at Fairy Fountains, that should let you train Fairy Drove with all season efforts after researched it, will only function in spring... in other seasons and the Fey Gate in autumn, will only let you train regular ones even if you researched the tech other than spring:o

Edited by e5270202

On 4/14/2020 at 9:13 PM, The Undying Nephalim said:

there's a bug if it's letting you make more than one.

Are you limiting the maximum sundials to one in templates/special/player/player.xml or else maybe there is a better alternative?

I just checked and at least one of my limits set in player.xml is being completely disregarded by the simulation...

@The Undying Nephalim hi,
dont know if that was already fixed by i did not see it here so

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/common/tooltips.js line 301 reference to undefined property template.DodgeRating

it was for spring sundial or wishing well not sure which one i clicked first

Also

ERROR: Actor fairy_greatfountainA_spring: required texture sampler specTex not found (material art/materials/basic_trans_ao_parallax.xml)

Placing walls

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=12.346, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=14.143, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=13.564, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=12.667, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=12.395, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=11.968, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=11.696, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=11.56, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=11.424, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=11.215, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

ERROR: No placement possible for distance=11.079, minOverlap=0.1, maxOverlap=0.8

could you also move health bar of bigger fairies more up ? so it is not through their eyes? thnx :)

Something to do with warrior clutch

WARNING: GetTechModifiedProperty: modification format not recognised (modifying Attack/Ranged/Pierce): ({affects:[["Poisonspear"]], multiply:0})

Hi,
another one.
I have just won and I got this:

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/session/session.js line 989 reference to undefined property mapSettings.mapType

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/session.js line 989 TypeError: mapSettings.mapType is undefined confirmExit@gui/session/session.js:989:9 onSimulationUpdate@gui/session/session.js:956:3 __eventhandler168 (simulationupdate)@session simulationupdate:0:1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Wow, nice! Can't wait to see how it works and add it to #Delenda Est . ;) 

This is work by @Exodarion little sneak peaks, should be in next version, not the stealth though.

Spoiler
4. květen 2020
e4a6bf520394c5a4de2c5b63f2df2ab0.webp?si

Exodarion04.05.2020

More Battalion stuff

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif?width=400&hei

[17:38]
22b69b72f891c77442b25f1f83e39d59.png?wid

[17:39]

7. květen 2020
Alright, so I have been able to clean up my code efficiently and all the options that I have tested for garrisoning battalions works accordingly now. Battalions that are larger than size 1, will be garrisoned in their entirety if there is at least a single spot available within the garrisoned entity.

[23:07]
Whenever an ejection order is given on a single soldier that is part of a battalion, the entire battalion will be ejected instead.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif1.gif?width=400&he

Alright, the core of the battalion system should be finished now, just some sanity checking will be required after the merge. The Battalion system is now compatible with upgrades and promotions. Upgrade Example:

ezgif.com-crop.gif?width=400&height=279

[16:46]
Promotion Example:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif2.gif?width=400&he

[16:46]
Also, units that are in the process of their spawning routine, will promote once they have reached their spawn destination.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif1.gif?format=png&w
I have added a small extra feature which was requested by Neph, mainly for the Hylians, which allows the option to make use of the same visual representation for battalions. Option Activated:
69e812ff7707021100cdbb9d91092277.png?wid

[20:59]
Option Deactivated:
f6f54ac216365c655f7ddccfc883297d.png?wid

Not sure what sporadic impulse has lead me to start on this feature, but I have made significant progress on the Stealth mechanic today. It is by no means finished, but It is definitely getting there. Perspective 1:
002054b6c8161604c07703ed3552250d.png?wid

[18:27]
Perspective 2:
f9fecccb1ba09ff9dc05545c84652fb7.png?wid

ezgif.com-crop.gif?width=397&height=300

Currently, the civil centre acts as a spotter for the stealthed gerudo units

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can anyone point me to which files in the mod that pertain to the Hero Selection feature at the start of a match?

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can anyone point me to which files in the mod that pertain to the Hero Selection feature at the start of a match?

It is based on this https://github.com/AlexanderOlkhovskiy/0ad-civ-choices-mod