Hyrule Conquest

Three quick questions- Is there anyway to activate the cheat codes from 0AD on Hyrule Conquest?

When will Darknut Legion be playable?

Are you still taking suggestions for Darknut Legion units?

7 hours ago, MoarBarmu said:

Is there anyway to activate the cheat codes from 0AD on Hyrule Conquest?

"i wonder whats for dinner" Gives you 1000 food
"ill grab my stuff" Gives you 1000 wood
"come back when youre richer" Gives you 1000 rupees
"bomb some dodongos" Gives you 1000 stone
"light in my lair" Reveals the map
"all true warriors" Gives you random heroes (while building selected)
"how bout a kiss" Converts the currently selected unit to belong to you.
"you must die" Kills the currently selected unit.
"sure is boring around here" Speeds up action.
"squadalah" Spawns Gwonam (currently WW2 plane)
"as it is written" Defeats player instantly. The default is player 2.
"scrub all the floors" Gives you random citizen soldier. (while building selected)
"mah boi" Gives you 100 million of each resource. Increases the maximum population to 500. Speeds up actions. Advances to city phase.

7 hours ago, MoarBarmu said:

When will Darknut Legion be playable? Are you still taking suggestions for Darknut Legion units?

The next two factions I am working on is Ordona and Lanayru. After them will be the Moblins and Darknuts. Most of the Darknut Legion's roster is finalized, they'll have an emphasis on pseudo-hero units that level up like hero units.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Imperator Ferrum Princeps I said:

Is there any way to modify this mod to make it 100% playable with default maps and factions?

I tried editing it to the point of unhiding the default factions and deleting the .deleted files for the maps but the default civ centers are buggy and do not show any GUI except the "unit card".

There is no way to make this compatible with stock maps for two main reasons

1) Hyrule Conquest uses different resources and does not have a 1:1 matchup with 0ad's resources. For instance, Wood and Stone are both a generic "Material" resource in Hyrule Conquest and not two separate resources like in 0AD. You'll not be able to gain any Rupees on 0AD maps.

2) Buildings in Hyrule Conquest are a lot larger than those in 0AD and you'll run out of room really fast on 0AD maps when building a base.

• Like 1

I gave the "0 AD Civ's in Hyrule" a shot:

I'm using maur for the test. Enabled it in the menu by finding it's xml file in Hyrules folder and scrolling to the bottom.

The maur tech tree loads fine (slow af but fine), everything basically costs material now (I'm fine with that). The civ center and house would give an error (posted below) and the selection panels wouldn't show. The barracks was still usable though. I didn't play for long but my test said yes, this is kinda possible. I could also build and gather the stuff the buildings say they need (except for rubees).

--- So I tinkered and found this: Hyrule's version of template_unit_support_female_citizens.xml (which it doesn't seem to use anywhere):

The gather rates aren't updated. change "stone.rock" -> "stone.ore" , "metal.ore" -> "metal.rubees" , and add "tree.rock". Just look at the _citizen.xml file of hylians in there unit folder.

The SoundGroups section of female_citizens also needs the gather_rupees sound effect. Again see hylians.

The citizen soldiers need the same thing as above. That seems to be Hyrule's template_unit_infantry.xml (they were just missing the sound file, i think). They don't play a mining animation which is weird. They will gather and return it though.

--- So success! You seem to be able to do it after the above few changes. I don't know how to get the soldiers to play a mining animation though. :/

This was the first error & the only one I got in the test.

Spoiler

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: units/maur_support_female_citizen:1: Element Rates has extra content: metal.ore

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation failed for '(null)'

ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'units/maur_support_female_citizen'

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/session.js line 243 Error: deepfreeze requires exactly one object as an argument. GetTemplateData@gui/session/session.js:243:1 g_SelectionPanels.Training.setupButton@gui/session/selection_panels.js:935:18 setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:95:8 updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:147:4 updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:471:2 updateGUIObjects@gui/session/session.js:1013:2 onTick@gui/session/session.js:881:3 __eventhandler255 (tick)@session tick:0:1

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/session.js line 243 Error: deepfreeze requires exactly one object as an argument. GetTemplateData@gui/session/session.js:243:1 g_SelectionPanels.Training.setupButton@gui/session/selection_panels.js:935:18 setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:95:8 updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:147:4 updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:471:2 updateGUIObjects@gui/session/session.js:1013:2 onSimulationUpdate@gui/session/session.js:942:2 __eventhandler257 (simulationupdate)@session simulationupdate:0:1

Now all I get is:

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/ai/petra/config.js line 254 reference to undefined property this.Military.popForBarracks2

The above only shows up if popcap is less that 200. I'm not sure who's doing what with Hyrule's AI.

As for getting the 0 A.D's Civ's to work with Hyrule AI... Yeah, after the templates stated above are fixed. It seems to work fine.

Well this shows up once and goes away but the AI still... AI's.

Spoiler

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/ai/petra/config.js line 253 reference to undefined property this.Military.popForBarracks1

WARNING: JavaScript warning: globalscripts/ModificationTemplates.js line 32 reference to undefined property this.templates[name]

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/TechnologyManager.js line 271 TypeError: template is undefined TechnologyManager.prototype.ResearchTechnology@simulation/components/TechnologyManager.js:271:1 g_Commands.ChooseHero@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:764:9 ProcessCommand@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:47:3

ERROR: Failed to call ProcessCommand() global script function

Just figured I'd give my input. The above error is obviously "no hero found for civ" related... I didn't test all this for long. It could very well break in the end. So someone else can tinker with it if they want too.

Edited by SirPope
  • Like 2

I think it's high time H:C received its own subforum. 

---------

May I suggest H:C use the groves and trees from Delenda Est? Since buildings are so large in H:C, it would make sense to make individual trees be destructible like in DE, then you could have indestructible groves as in DE, with the different auras/effects they have. 

• Like 1

Just a few notes regarding the original 0AD factions for HC.

Technically, making the game run for the vanilla factions should only require the citizen_xml edits like SirPope mentioned.
However, the AI for HC is a heavily edited version and is currently not compatible with the other 0AD factions.

It is still possible to get this working by changing all the original unit and structure templates, but that will take quite some time.
As an example, the new magic damage types and unit/structure classes.
There are also some new component additions and changes that have a large impact on the behaviour of the AI (which can also be set in the template files).

I might have missed a few changes that fall outside the template files like the previously mentioned choosing hero functionality, which is dependant on the civ and technology files.

You don't need to change the templates of 0 AD inheritance does that all ready. You've made all the changes necessary to the base templates that the units of 0 ad inherit.

template_unit, template_unit_calvary, template_unit_infantry, so on and so forth. The only one you seemed to have missed was the female citizen file. Units still have the armour types and attack types HC has thanks to those files.

Problems could arise with the AI being adjusted, yes, but 0 AD civ's are Hyrule & Gerudo. I've looked over the AI files and you've just added stuff for the civ's that need it (koroki, gohma). The hero functionality can check and should check if the civ in question has a hero unit that can be chosen anyways (not just for compatibility but also testing new hc civs). I've destroyed the gerudo's with war elephants and that made me happy.

I still wouldn't implement them into the game anyways. But if someone wants to mess around I told you how. :)

--

You'll have to add the barracks back for each civ in config js along with their other structures special structures. The barracks code has been changed apparently.

Adding BasicSoldier to the classes of unit_infantry allows them to train troops early on but might effect the rest of the AI hence the shouldn't implement them anyways. CitizenSoldiers are basic soldiers anyways.. I don't understand that class name change but you know what your doing I can tell you that much.

Edited by SirPope
Note about barracks
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, SirPope said:

You don't need to change the templates of 0 AD inheritance does that all ready. You've made all the changes necessary to the base templates that the units of 0 ad inherit.

template_unit, template_unit_calvary, template_unit_infantry, so on and so forth. The only one you seemed to have missed was the female citizen file. Units still have the armour types and attack types HC has thanks to those files.

Problems could arise with the AI being adjusted, yes, but 0 AD civ's are Hyrule & Gerudo. I've looked over the AI files and you've just added stuff for the civ's that need it (koroki, gohma). The hero functionality can check and should check if the civ in question has a hero unit that can be chosen anyways (not just for compatibility but also testing new hc civs). I've destroyed the gerudo's with war elephants and that made me happy.

I still wouldn't implement them into the game anyways. But if someone wants to mess around I told you how. :)

--

You'll have to add the barracks back for each civ in config js along with their other structures special structures. The barracks code has been changed apparently.

Adding BasicSoldier to the classes of unit_infantry allows them to train troops early on but might effect the rest of the AI hence the shouldn't implement them anyways. CitizenSoldiers are basic soldiers anyways.. I don't understand that class name change but you know what your doing I can tell you that much.

Still does not work, the civil center does not show up a GUI because the female units are still bugged after changing what you said to change. COuld you attach your tinkered file of the template_unit_support_female_citizen?

This should let you play as 0 AD civ, the AI on the other hand requires some tinkering. I removed BasicSoldier from the class list of template_unit_infantry.

The AI will not use the barracks anyways without editing config.js. It won't use it properly without a bit more edits in the other AI files.

template_unit_support_female_citizen.xml

template_unit_infantry.xml

-- Let me know if it works now :)

Edited by SirPope
  • Like 1

Bug report: A multi-player game goes Out-of-Sync when the Kokiri hero Mirora dies the first time.

Why it's caused (speculation, haven't really tested with a fix): Mirora is first trained as a mounted hero. When first killed, only her mount is supposed to die and she can continue unmounted. This is implemented using the "SpawnEntityOnDeath" system which is intended and used for building destruction stuff. And so, Health.js only creates a local entity for it. Local entities as the name suggests are only handled locally and not meant to be synchronised. Here's a comment I found from source/simulation2/system/Entity.h (which actually reminded me to post this)

// Entities are split into two kinds:
// "Normal" (for most entities)
// "Local" (for entities that only exist on the local machine, aren't synchronised across the network,
// aren't retained in saved games, etc)

I guess it can be fixed by doing some fancy things (not a good idea to only use "normal" entities I guess) before L334 in Health.prototype.CreateDeathSpawnedEntity.

Or add a new method in Health.js that specifically deals with cases like this one.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Bug report: A multi-player game goes Out-of-Sync when the Kokiri hero Mirora dies the first time.

First of all, thanks for pointing that out. I have heard about a similar problem from some players in the multiplayer community and Nephalim has also mentioned some issues with the spawning of entities on death.

Unfortunately, I can't guarantee a fix in the next patch or release since there are other priorities on the list for the next patch, but I will make sure to put this on my todo list and discuss this with the rest of the team to see what we can do to resolve this matter.

As a final note, I am planning to edit the entity spawning on death sometime in the future, so this problem could also be fixed during that process as a result.

• Stan` pinned this topic