Hyrule Conquest

10 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Awhile back it was said there's builds of the most recent version that don't require Tortoise, at least I think that's what was meant:

Where might these be located? I figure I should probably start adding in the changes that have been put in since the .22 release.

You do need TortoiseSVN (or a similar program) to download it, but once downloaded it usually "just works" (sometimes there might be changes that require a new .exe to be built, but usually that happens pretty quickly). Using TortoiseSVN is really easy, see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TortoiseSVN_Guide for more information, the sections 2, 3 and 4 are the important ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

Awhile back it was said there's builds of the most recent version that don't require Tortoise, at least I think that's what was meant:

Where might these be located? I figure I should probably start adding in the changes that have been put in since the .22 release.

This just means you don't need to install visual studio and compile the game yourself. 

You still need git or svn. It is very easy to use, so don't fear it.

• Like 2

Alrighty, I've begun updating to the March 11th build of 0AD. No surprise, things seem to be quite broken in my mod after jumping from 0.22 to the new version. 'I think I've got it down to just one error though:

<p class="error">ERROR: [VisualActor] Cannot apply footprint-based SelectionShape; Footprint component not initialized.</p>

I'm guessing it's related to a new feature or something, it doesn't point to any specific templates that have the problem though.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

Looks like that error comes from when you have Footprint in SelectionShape in VisualActor, but then don't have a separate Footprint element. We only use that with field and flora, and actually flora doesn't have Footprint but the things that inherit it (bush, tree) do. (Changed in rP20345 (probably shouldn't have been, my mistake).) So my guess would be that you have something that has parent = template_gaia_flora but doesn't have a Footprint set.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, temple said:

Looks like that error comes from when you have Footprint in SelectionShape in VisualActor, but then don't have a separate Footprint element. We only use that with field and flora, and actually flora doesn't have Footprint but the things that inherit it (bush, tree) do. (Changed in rP20345 (probably shouldn't have been, my mistake).) So my guess would be that you have something that has parent = template_gaia_flora but doesn't have a Footprint set.

Adding a footprint back into template_gaia_flora solved that.

I'm getting a few more sporadic errors, this time when clicking on units, pretty sure it's formation related:

<p class="error">ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/formations/null.xml"</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'formations/null'</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/Commands.js line 1625
TypeError: template is undefined
  GetFormationRequirements@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:1625:6
  CanMoveEntsIntoFormation@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:1637:21
  GuiInterface.prototype.CanMoveEntsIntoFormation@simulation/components/GuiInterface.js:714:9
  GuiInterface.prototype.ScriptCall@simulation/components/GuiInterface.js:1970:1
  canMoveSelectionIntoFormation@gui/session/selection_panels_helpers.js:12:1
  g_SelectionPanels.Formation.getItems/&lt;@gui/session/selection_panels.js:300:45
  g_SelectionPanels.Formation.getItems@gui/session/selection_panels.js:300:7
  setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:58:14
  updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:147:4
  updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:471:2
  updateGUIObjects@gui/session/session.js:958:2
  onTick@gui/session/session.js:832:3
  __eventhandler111 (tick)@sn tick:0:1</p>

3 hours ago, temple said:

The formation directory was moved, so something like "formations/null" in the Formations list of Identity should be changed to "special/formations/null".

Hmmm, I'm certain I've changed all the formations entries to special/formations in all the template files that use them and I'm still getting that error when I select any unit. Is there another non-template file that references formations?

20 minutes ago, temple said:

Maybe json files in data/civs?

That what is, thank you very much the formations are all showing up now. :victory:

Just one more thing I'm noticing, none of my building upgrades seem to be working. I seem to recall that the upgrade system was getting changed for 0.23, though I can't see any differences in the 0.23 templates. Here's the little error I'm getting:

<p class="error">ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/Commands.js line 739
TypeError: cmpEntityLimits.AllowedToReplace is not a function
  g_Commands.upgrade@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:739:28
  ProcessCommand@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:47:3</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: Failed to call ProcessCommand() global script function</p>

4 hours ago, temple said:

Did you change components/EntityLimits.js? Otherwise I don't know why it would say that's not a function.

Entity limits are used in special/player/player.xml and other templates in that folder, maybe there's a problem in one of those files.

None of the buildings I'm trying to upgrade have any limits. I tried removing required technology and they still refuse to upgrade, giving me that same error whenever I click the icon.

23 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

None of the buildings I'm trying to upgrade have any limits.

The code doesn't know that until it tests for it. Which is what it's trying to do.

Last time I saw the contents of your mod (the "v1.01 release", if my notes are accurate), you did have a copy of simulation/components/EntityLimits.js and it doesn't have the function in it. I can't remember right now why you have a copy of the file - and I don't know if you still do - but either update it or remove it. (It looks like the only differences between the version in your mod at v1.01 and the current SVN-version are the missing function, and some added lines in the Schema example.)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, s0600204 said:

The code doesn't know that until it tests for it. Which is what it's trying to do.

Last time I saw the contents of your mod (the "v1.01 release", if my notes are accurate), you did have a copy of simulation/components/EntityLimits.js and it doesn't have the function in it. I can't remember right now why you have a copy of the file - and I don't know if you still do - but either update it or remove it. (It looks like the only differences between the version in your mod at v1.01 and the current SVN-version are the missing function, and some added lines in the Schema example.)

Adding that new chunk to the file seems to have solved the problem. With that done I think I've made everything compatible with 0.23. :victory:

Some other quick questions, I seem to recall someone mentioning that impact effects for projectiles would be in 0.23, but I can't seem to find any example of them. Is there an example of how to implement them to a projectile or have they not been added into 0.23?

I also seem to recall someone mentioning that the Upgrade system would be getting some kind of timer to use with things like Hero abilities. Was that added in 0.23 or is that a feature still in the works?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I'm running into another issue with the 0.23 build. When I click Open in Atlas the program instantly crashes, leaving no crash log. It happens whether my mod is enabled or not. Any idea why Atlas would crash while trying to open the open map dialog?

Have you checked if there's an error logged to the interestinglog.html? Hopefully that works even if there is no error dialog :unsure:

1 hour ago, feneur said:

Have you checked if there's an error logged to the interestinglog.html? Hopefully that works even if there is no error dialog

The interestinglog is actually what I meant, it's empty. Although this did show up in the program error box:

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x2BBA5EBD)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 22 (Invalid alignment)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

• Stan` pinned this topic