Hyrule Conquest

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Someone, like @LordGood or @stanislas69 should teach @The Undying Nephalim how we do the AO maps. Exporting the 2nd UV and such.

Gods! I wish we could get 0 A.D.'s nature to look like that.

I do know how to make Ambient Occlusion maps in maya, but Pyrogenesis continued to crash on me when I included them in my files. I decided to not bother with them in the meantime.
Unfortunately a log is not generated:

YDxLT70.jpg

Perhaps there is something wrong with my AO map:

hylian_castleA_ao.dds

I am using the player_trans_ao_parallax_spec.xml material, and yes I have a spec map too.

Edited by The Undying Nephalim

3 minutes ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

no I do not, does the UV need a specific name for the engine to determine that it's for the AO map? I assume this is the same case for spec maps?

Spec maps use the same basic UV as the diffuse map. The engine automatically detects the 2nd UV and uses that for your pre-rendered AO map. I don't think it needs a special name, but I could be wrong on that point.

This thread may help:

"create a second UV coordinates" looks to be the relevant info.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

5 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Spec maps use the same basic UV as the diffuse map. The engine automatically detects the 2nd UV and uses that for your pre-rendered AO map. I don't think it needs a special name, but I could be wrong on that point.

This thread may help:

"create a second UV coordinates" looks to be the relevant info.

Hmm, I've followed the tutorial and gotten to the point where I click Bake, but Blender gives me the error "No objects or images found to bake to."

Spoiler

p0DGHCW.jpg

7 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

In the uv window at the bottom there is a drop-down for textures. Pick the one you created.

That worked, I got it to bake the AO map. I exported the dae, but now the new dae refuses to load in Atlas:

<p class="warning">WARNING: art/meshes/structural/hylian/hyl_castleA.dae: FCollada 97: No tessellation found for mesh.</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: art/meshes/structural/hylian/hyl_castleA.dae: Found too many possible objects to convert - try adding the 'export' property to disambiguate one</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: art/meshes/structural/hylian/hyl_castleA.dae: Couldn't find object to convert</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/structural/hylian/hyl_castleA.dae'</p>
<p class="error">ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/structural/hylian/hyl_castleA.dae failed to load</p>

hyl_castleA.dae