Replacement of temples for hospitals.

Ilya_rimade_

11 minutes ago, Ilya_rimade_ said:

What do you think about replacing pagan temples in the game of hospitals?

Quote from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital#History:

The earliest documented institutions aiming to provide cures were ancient Egyptian temples. In ancient Greece, temples dedicated to the healer-god Asclepius, known as Asclepieia functioned as centres of medical advice, prognosis, and healing.

I think it will be more correct to replace them with small "trauma centers", because churches can hurt the feelings of believers ("Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image", - Ten Commandments.). In addition, to 500-0 BC, I believe there could already be special buildings.

23 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

I think, it will be more correct to replace them with small "trauma centers", because churches can hurt the feelings of believers ("Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image", - Ten Commandments.). In addition, to 500-0 BC, I believe there could already be special buildings.

Edited by Ilya_rimade_

Your proposal is based on a set of biblical laws, yet i still fail to see why there is any relationship between that and any of the factions included in the game, and quoting vladislavbelov

2 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

The earliest documented institutions aiming to provide cures were ancient Egyptian temples. In ancient Greece, temples dedicated to the healer-god Asclepius, known as Asclepieia functioned as centres of medical advice, prognosis, and healing.

Perhaps you could explain yourself much better with clear arguments and not quoting a biblical law as an explanation, many will fail to interpret it in your way.

• Like 1

Unless you can find us some examples otherwise. I'm not sure I'm understanding you entirely.

Do you mean you want to exclude all mention pagan temples and religion because they're not compatible with Abrahamic faiths? Because if that's the case, absolutely not.

• Like 3

Btw I don't see how buildings are graven image. Maybe your quote has a different meaning in my language but it mostly means you won't make statues representing deities. So the structure itself has nothing to do with it. Now consider you have a representation of Jesus in nearly every church and that Saints are worshipped too that sounds a lot like an exception to the rule in real life. Egyptian didn't turn the monuments in Egypt to pieces when most of the population became Muslim either. So I don't see why in a fictional game based on a fictional time period using some historical claims it would cause an issue. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

There isn't way of healing using an hospital, these civilizations  were pagans, any of them believes in Abrahamic god.

we are dealing with history. I understand your feel, but there isn't Cristians yet. In the first part.

In the Bible the other building to heal was the baths, but I'm not sure when romans started to use.

dsc7997-hdr-edit_0.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

We are adore gods here if is that you think. Think about a siege equipment destroying a Roman temple, that would be hurt in pagan believers.

It sounds interesting about the destruction of the building, but I do not want to hurt people in vain.

1 hour ago, LordGood said:

Unless you can find us some examples otherwise. I'm not sure I'm understanding you entirely.

Do you mean you want to exclude all mention pagan temples and religion because they're not compatible with Abrahamic faiths? Because if that's the case, absolutely not.

Yes, but please do not think that I want to oppress someone now. I just care about that, so I suggested.

I've been trying to understand why faith healers are being used really though I sometimes believe in them even at present. But if you based it on historical battles(I don't have knowledge though) it seems that faith healers don't do much of attending to wounded. These are just common "medics" or citizens trying to help them through common skills and knowledge averting death. 

Weren't it just a matter of stopping blood and applying some herbs that even ordinary people do if there is a chance of survival. In movies wounded armies/people just live or die. They live if they are strong and not in critical condition.  They die if they are severe. 

Why not some healing facilities or medics if there were any during those times. 

Medics existed since Ancient Greece.

Medicine has existed for thousands of years, during most of which it was an art (an area of skill and knowledge) frequently having connections to the religious and philosophical beliefs of local culture. For example, a medicine man would apply herbs and say prayers for healing, or an ancient philosopher and physician would apply bloodletting according to the theories of humorism. In recent centuries, since the advent of modern science, most medicine has become a combination of art and science (both basic and applied, under the umbrella of medical science). While stitching technique for sutures is an art learned through practice, the knowledge of what happens at the cellular and molecular level in the tissues being stitched arises through science.

Prehistoric medicine incorporated plants (herbalism), animal parts, and minerals. In many cases these materials were used ritually as magical substances by priests, shamans, or medicine men. Well-known spiritual systems include animism (the notion of inanimate objects having spirits), spiritualism (an appeal to gods or communion with ancestor spirits); shamanism (the vesting of an individual with mystic powers); and divination (magically obtaining the truth). The field of medical anthropology examines the ways in which culture and society are organized around or impacted by issues of health, health care and related issues.

Early records on medicine have been discovered from ancient Egyptian medicine, Babylonian Medicine, Ayurvedic medicine (in the Indian subcontinent), classical Chinese medicine (predecessor to the modern traditional Chinese medicine), and ancient Greek medicine and Roman medicine.

Here are more detailed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_medicine

1. Healing Temples and Healing Priests is a Gameplay Decision.
2. If you're referring to Christians, then there isn't any in your time period (it's called BC for a reason)
3. If you're referring to Jewish people, there is the Pool of Siloam and the Jordan River (their superstitious counterparts anyway).
4. Even if there were people who got offended by the statues inside the temples (The Ptolemaic having the most visible one), they can't deny that healing methods sometimes had religious attributes. So that's historical.
5. The devs aren't promoting anyone who to worship. They're rather displaying what deity was worshiped in a certain civilization in that time period (You would know why they were called the Athenians, why the Persians had those winged disks, Great Stupas, etc.)

• Like 3