Modding Help... I'm bad at this

Phalanx

I'm trying to create a civ json for the Parthians, but every time I open up Pyrogenesis, it claims that their is an error at line 30 col 12, which is an indented space before "Heroes":

"Heroes":
			[
				{
					"Name": "Pacorus II",
					"Class": "",
					"Armament": "",
					"Emblem": "",
					"History": "Pacorus gave some stuff to China."
				},
				{
					"Name": "Mithridates III",
					"Class": "",
					"Armament": "",
					"Emblem": "".
					"History": "He done did @#$%."
				}
			]
		}
	],

4 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Opening it in VSCode I can see you forgot a ] before line 29 If you can't use something like that, use online Json Validators they are generally good at detecting errors.

Found it!  Thanks, now it gives me a different error, but I'm assuming it's because I've referenced techs and units and probably other files that don't exist yet.. :P

• Like 1

So... I tried to create a unit for a new faction. I believe I filled out all the correct files, but when I try to place it in Atlas, I get the following error message:

CXeromyces: Failed to parse XML file simulation/templates/units/par_infantry_spearman.xml

Failed to load entity template 'units/par_infantry_spearman'

Is there a checklist of stuff that needs to be filled out when creating a faction?

Depending on the mods activated when you started Atlas, it should be in a mod directory under maps/ (if it's the public mod, it's binaries/data/mods/public/maps/). It's likely to be a scenario map, so saved under scenarios/. There will be an XML and PMP file, open the XML one.

19 hours ago, Itms said:

But in any case, the template you attached has a typo, the closing </VisualActor> tag is malformed and misses the forward slash.

Thanks! I fixed that!  Now I just have to figure out why i FLIPS OUT over the shield.  If I try to place the unit in Atlas, the units shows up sans shield, but I get like 7 messages about how it can't find the xml file for the shield (I edited a Persian rectangle shield)