Services that cannot be run concurrently.

gameboy

When I run XpartaMuPP.py on system Ubuntu14.04, I can't seem to run EcheLOn.py anymore. They don't seem to run at the same time Player ratings cannot be run simultaneously.           Please help me, please tell me how to do it?         

$ python3 XpartaMuPP.py --domain localhost --login wfgbot --password 123456 --nickname WFGbot --room arena22      

When this command is running, the wfgbot in the player list is kept online and offline: 

$ python3 EcheLOn.py --domain localhost --login wfgbot --password 123456 --nickname Ratings --room arena22

If you only execute those commands in the same shell and run them in the foreground, then obviously you are only able to run a single command at the same time. But since I'm assuming that you aren't running something like DOS you should be able to make use of multi-tasking and run one of them in the background. It might be advisible to script the startup, possibly even hooking it to system startup (at least that's what I did on the lobby server).

Judging from your PS1 you are probably running bash, in which case read the below taken directly from `man bash`

If a command is terminated by the control operator &, the shell exe‐
cutes the command in the background in a subshell. The shell does not
wait for the command to finish, and the return status is 0. Commands
separated by a ; are executed sequentially; the shell waits for each
command to terminate in turn. The return status is the exit status of
the last command executed.

I didn't quote the manual that tells you what you'd have to do to run a task in the background without a reason. I also didn't tell you how I got to that information so you ignore it. I'll also not help avoid reading the documentation even if you PM me (also stop doing that to everyone instead of actually trying to read answers). And no, I don't have access to the lobby server anymore, and the script is unlikely to help you since that is a bog-standard init script that also doesn't hold your hand in any way.

TL;DR: Read the earlier reply, then read the manual, then read your system documentation.

• Like 1