Game Installation Problem

Armorian

Hello everyone, for some reason me and my friend are both having trouble installing the game on windows 10. When we downloaded the game and opened the .exe installer it was going fine until we got an error saying "Error opening file for writing." I have tried running compatibility mode, running as administrator, and even ran a system file checker in command prompt. Nothing seems to work. The fact that it didn't work for my friend either is confusing. Much help is appreciated. I will leave the pictures of the errors below. Much thanks.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Edited by Armorian

I'm not sure it might be related, but just seeing as you are installing on another drive than C:\\, do you have at least a couple of GBs free on the C:\\ drive? Even if you install the game on another drive the installer requires there to be enough free space on the C:\\ drive.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, feneur said:

I'm not sure it might be related, but just seeing as you are installing on another drive than C:\\, do you have at least a couple of GBs free on the C:\\ drive? Even if you install the game on another drive the installer requires there to be enough free space on the C:\\ drive.

I have tried installing it on my C drive. I have 36GB available and even on the C drive it gives me the same error :(.

17 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Was there the same problem for any other program? Also do you have an antivirus/firewall, which could deny access?

I have not had this problem on other programs, and my antivirus/firewall is fine.

6 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@Armorian Check if the file size is the same or try downloading it using the torrent link if you haven't already

Hello, I have resolved the issue. For some reason the errors I was getting didn't even matter. When I click ignore and just keep installing it, it still goes through and I'm able to play the game. Hopefully there wont be any glitches. Thank you everyone! Sorry for being newbie.

• Like 1