CArthage : the map !

Hi ,  

Im working on  .... 

city.PNG.e97789f47054263a4e4e88cedb92ee2a.PNG

Carthage  : 7 players of 50 pop limit  -->  6 districts +  1 army of 50 mercenary champs

VS  

Rome :   1 player  of 500 pop limit  mostly invading by sea (like survival of fittest)    +  nubians troops coming from desert

map.PNG.ecc3781683e2116f8016cec73c069f3f.PNG

I'm using the elevation terrain hack to put some buildings on top of others and make them look like merged in order to have unique structures

(below, the 5 houses produces those 5 females with no evacuation problem)

houses.PNG.45188b4a70ae99f72a7431e62a92fbff.PNG

Rome will invade with RAMS, but will not be able to crush the Carthage walls everywhere  (terrain elevation as unbreakable wall and platform for bolt-lozaa )

bolt.PNG.dd32c5ad61a3dd8b13feed13a40f951e.PNG

If Rome is in the walls ..   Some places will be used to make good retreats for those 5 noobs

noob.PNG.465aabe4d775cd1f77a3030341a8c1a4.PNG

Gauls, Athenians, Iberians,  all different   but their HATE of Rome on their face

hate.thumb.PNG.96a7540684c3f4927c156c3c9acf7d25.PNG

Even if the map could be used to be playable, i want to go into the new camera function in 0ad22  to make great cinematics in the narrow streets of carthage during invasion action .

(to make a SUPER promotional trailer of 0ad)

Also, for the sake of global interests, it would be nice to have a 3D map of carthage which could be used , i.e , for any TV documentary

For this,  Carthage has to be fulled with contents to give it a living appareance.

FEEL FREE to WORK on it and make updates on this thread

the pmp

https://ufile.io/6vgn1

the xml

https://ufile.io/xwqlc

Edited by JC (naval supremacist)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JC (naval supremacist) said:

1 player  of 500 pop limit  mostly invading by sea (like survival of fittest)    +  nubians troops coming from desert

Ah, so this could become some scenario map where you have to defend from a mass of invaders? Guess there should be many starting resources or forests to gather from then.

Also what's that iberian monument doing there?

The map reminds us again of the limitation of random map scripts, not bad.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, elexis said:

Ah, so this could become some scenario map where you have to defend from a mass of invaders? Guess there should be many starting resources or forests to gather from then.

Yes , a scenario map with some scripts features

Indeed,  1 district  will be oriented  on food production with some farms and wood gathering on north of the map (south in the real world) so , that why this map has to be decorated with fauna and vegetales .  Carthage has to hunt down quickly stuff out there before Rome heavy army come surround the city .  Basically, it will looks like a "Survival of the fittest"  in which Carthage has to survive with few ressources and many attacks + Carthage has to feed his inhabitants and will lose 50-100 food every second. If it reaches 0 , Carthage will not be able to produce new units.

But Rome cannot siege too long as Hannibal  will come back  with his army .. at minute x 

1 hour ago, elexis said:

Also what's that iberian monument doing there?

One district (the east one) will be multi-cultura and full of immigrants and mercenaries.. This monument is kinda Baal worship of Golden calf      עֵגֶּל הַזָהָב

1 hour ago, elexis said:

The map reminds us again of the limitation of random map scripts, not bad.

too bad ?  :)   i think that know with scripts and camera scenes,   the game could have a more deep scenario layer.  A campaign mod would be a serie of scenario maps.   i.e the punic wars.

• Like 1

the loft of Hamilcar  ...

palace.thumb.PNG.a6d0d22751013f969ff158556387df43.PNG

From the balcony ,   a sight on the port and on a hidden ritual spot

palace_view.thumb.PNG.8fe2a4d680b5cdaac4794c2833dbac58.PNG

I set the map to large , so more space for naval combats.  

Player 1 = Hannibal  ,  Player 2 = Maharbal , Player 3 =  no hero , Player 4 =

_____________________________________________________________________________________

(Player 1 - Phase 3 - No builders; no CC but super port and wonder - Hannibal) 

District 1 : Rich merchants - Only boats and units from Fortress  but also 2-3 inner traders

District 3 : Religious and big Gardens - only units from Temples -   They wait a enforcement of their army with the arrival of their Hero --> Hannibal

_____________________________________________________________________________________

(Player 2 -  Phase 1 to 2 max - No champs - Hamilcar  ) 

District 2 : Administrative center of the city -   with carthage embassy

District 5 : Something between District 2 and 4 with lot of barracks.

(Player 3 - Phase 1 max - Bigger pop - Maharbal ) 

District 4 :  Very poor but well populated with ressources productors . Maybe i should give them them only wooden walls

(Player 4 -  Mercenaries - Phase 1 to 2 max - Gauls) 

Zone 6 :  The place where the mercenaries of Carthage stay -  their territoiry is annexed to Carthage as long as they stay loyal to Carthage.  Being ally with that army  will cost ressources every second and he can even ask to Carthage even more (otherwise they will betray in favor of Rome). If Carthage notice susipicious activities (like building a CC of their own) Carthage will remove territory annexion so mercenaries's buildings will turn gaia before Cartage will crush the mutinery (unless its too late for Carthage)

(Player 5 - Rome republic - Phase 3 - Scipio) 

Zone 7 :  Rome will come by waves (like survival of the fittest ) from zone 7 but also by sea.   Rome will try to set a basement on lands

map1.PNG.bbdd7131becf413a44b8236d3ed93490.PNG

There is still lot to do, so comments are welcome before its too late ;)

Edited by JC (naval supremacist)
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

darn is this pretension? its awesome! I want to have that kind of map too but must have an opposite land mass where the enemy bases are located. I use wololo to capture enemy units and make buildings these captured units are capable of doing. yeah a multicultural city but segregated. I hope I can make my own maps easily too.

Guest Guest gold jc

I would be happy to see someone work on the map and put some screenshots of it .   I was planning to make a wonderfull religious garden in the District 3  with alligators and tigers , like a natural zoo around an artificial lake

Normally, the districts should be independent, though,  they better do cooperation. In a whole, Carthage has less units (until Hannibal come back from campaign) but benefits from from having walls.  As some district will have no citizens (but siege, healers or champions) , they better defend their buildings as they will not be able to build/rebuild.

I dont mind if you reset the whole map or even put aside my whole job. I just launch the idea of a game type   : mix of survival + sieging game

Carthage :

Bonus : Walls , Malus : citizens consum food on time ; so if no more food stocks, unable to produce more units (or all units die ?)

Rome :

Bonus : More troops , Malus : Hannibal is on his way back to Carthage so Rome is put at risk to be sandwished

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...