Desired gameplay(planned) features for A23

Lion.Kanzen

Preventing an opponent to build a civic center near own territory borders is quite easy because of the high vision range. Perhaps civic center influence is too high as long as a couple of civic centers are able to cover most of the map ( maybe my pov is influenced by the fact that athenians could build walls in neutral territory but this is never possible because most of times there isnt any neutral territory at all in late game) and a slightly lower influence would let players build more in order to gain influence

• 3 weeks later...

My first and last comment about his is how sloppy his play-style is (even if he's very good in AoE2 and other RTS games). He received similar criticisms. If that has something to do with it, then I have to apologize. I didn't mean to take him personally.

But if there's more to that... I still have to apologize, while I have no control over the other factors.

10 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

My first and last comment about his is how sloppy his play-style is (even if he's very good in AoE2 and other RTS games). He received similar criticisms. If that has something to do with it, then I have to apologize. I didn't mean to take him personally.

But if there's more to that... I still have to apologize, while I have no control over the other factors.

No I'm thinking the game play problem.

• Sad 1

They or people have to play the mods like Vox or 0abc or DE if it runs/works fine on MP! The animations and balances are way way better. 

0abc with added fourth resources, most units requiring metal, pikemen animation, melee cavalry animations, stables, siege workshop and more added features. And balance too!

Vox Populi has Kushites! Nice melee cavalry animation, balance and features to delay cavalry production too! This mod is really nice for MP.

Both mods are nice but 0abc has more new features, more available units and more variety though the minimap is quite hard to use especially if there are messages. 

ticket link broken, you mean #3370. It's assigned to alpha 23. Motivation is necessary and sufficient (i.e. nothing else like consensus required). As you can see in the ticket, @Imarok already has a patch D931, but it needs a bit of tuning. Its not only Hyrule, but every other mod too. Especially since there are now balancing mods out which try to address any imbalances.

2 hours ago, elexis said:

ticket link broken, you mean #3370. It's assigned to alpha 23. Motivation is necessary and sufficient (i.e. nothing else like consensus required). As you can see in the ticket, @Imarok already has a patch D931, but it needs a bit of tuning. Its not only Hyrule, but every other mod too. Especially since there are now balancing mods out which try to address any imbalances.

Sorry, I was pointing two different things: I don't know nothing about programming, but I can imagine that D931 it's somehow easy to implement, and it's nice to see that probably will land for Alpha 23 :)

The second phrase (the status and consensus) was referring to @wraitii's  D281 (sorry for the double ping, just to get sure to get an answer, because it's one of my most "desired gameplay features")

• Like 1

Add scaffolding's to upgrading turrets/structures and for hybrid units maybe a switch animation for unit's like the chinese archer/swordsman in ROTE ; for example: if the unit is switching from sword to bow , put the sword on the sheath and grab the bow (if its in the back) and add the same upgrade time as the animation 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, av93 said:

The second phrase (the status and consensus) was referring to @wraitii's  D281 (sorry for the double ping, just to get sure to get an answer, because it's one of my most "desired gameplay features")

What interests you in that change ?

2 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Add scaffolding's to upgrading turrets/structures and for hybrid units maybe a switch animation for unit's like the chinese archer/swordsman in ROTE ; for example: if the unit is switching from sword to bow , put the sword on the sheath and grab the bow (if its in the back) and add the same upgrade time as the animation 

Sounds good, don't kill yourself though ^^

22 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

What interests you in that change ?

Well, I don't know if it's only a simple change of name, or also a extension of functionalities that could extend the game modding capabilities up to the cube (and also needed for the roman pilum attack)

• Like 1

If it gets committed as is, it's an extremely powerful modding upgrade, probably too powerful in fact, which is why I sort of doubt its future. It can be used to do pretty much any arbitrary "stateless" thing, so you could use it to activate a magic spell, create new entities around yourself, reveal part of the map, win the game, really anything so long as you can code it in JS.

Imo it's lower priority than https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1011 though, which is also really nice from a modding POV.

• Like 2

To limit the abilities, couldn't they be made in a json file? Like a technology but more versatile. Or is that what D281 is trying to do? The upgrade component could be used as an 'adder' or 'trigger' to add the temporary ability/tech to a separate manager (or at least be able to). A separate GUI object should be created to hold and handle abilities, IMO.

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, Grugnas said:

in dota2 you can draw lines on the minimap in order to share tactical moves with your allies.

d2a_example_trex.jpg

I made the suggestion to have tactical map, with icons and things like that but must be accepted as feature at last.

-------

So this Alpha no game play features?