First Steps in art

Ahmad M.

Hello everyone, 

Like you guys i love this game but unlike you i and graphics are enemies :P

i am very new to 3d models and textures and trying to take my first steps by adding my fav units from other games to this one.

I am attaching 2 files i extracted and exported with 3ds max using collada plugin. 

I just want your opinion guys if these files can create a working unit for this game because i wasnt able to. 

Thanks a lot

acolyte.dds

acolyte.dae

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

this means?

That he has got some units he likes in other games and he wants to recreate them in 0 A.D. =) Which is fine if it's just generic units, but if it's e.g. specific characters it's not really something we can support. Acolyte sounds like the former though :)

I'll move this to the proper forum, if there is any reason at a later date to have it in the CoM forums just let me know and I will move it back :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, feneur said:

That he has got some units he likes in other games and he wants to recreate them in 0 A.D. =) Which is fine if it's just generic units, but if it's e.g. specific characters it's not really something we can support. Acolyte sounds like the former though :)

I'll move this to the proper forum, if there is any reason at a later date to have it in the CoM forums just let me know and I will move it back :)

Thanks because sounds like he taken...never mind, my bad for thinking wrong.