Women Should Only be Trained in Houses

sphyrth

Okay this just popped out of my head, so I'll just put it out there. It's a messy post, I know. I was going to put this one up in the Suggestions thread, but the drastic gameplay implications are too many to handle.

As a radical counter-suggestion to this post, why not make women only available in houses? I consider women to be super citizens.

My main problem gameplay aside: If we're talking about concept alone, the word Civic Center will lose its meaning.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, causative said:

Off-topic, but I just realized your profile is a "hop"lite.^_^

Haha. Yes. It was an accidental wordplay when I was only going to play the word "Athenian" only.

Going back, even before I was making this post. I was already switching back and forth between:
"This is interesting" and "This is stupid!"

I personally dislike having women trained at houses.  It's too easy to spam them given their low train time and cost.  The fact is that a successful raid should permanently cripple your opponent; they can get back into the game by booming, but a building they will build regardless of whether they expect to have their eco raided is a bad choice regardless. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 3:27 AM, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

....It's too easy to spam them given their low train time and cost.

For noobs, that isn't true given the fact that women's training time in houses is nearly doubled from the Civic Center's.
BUT I do agree now because it's easy to spam houses.

So, the next limitation would be to increase the train time further. If players really want the eco boost, then that can be a good factor.

women have a 30 seconds training time from houses (perhaps 24 sec would be nice) and 8 from the civic center. Women die quite easy thus they should be easy to replace, however a surplus of women will result in the unavailability of houses where to garrison and an eventual death of all women out of buildings in a cavalry raid. Their wood gather rate is so high that this gives an advantages to players who train women only in phase 1, get phase 2 as fast as possible, then they start to boom soldiers with an increased hp than players who stick in phase 1. Indeed the downside of the medal is that having women only is really risky if the opponent doesn't play aggressively with cavalry, still this strategy isn't quite effective in team games.